This program was the second night of a back-to-back engagement. (I brought this on myself.) It was also the fourth program in eight nights. (I brought that on myself too.) If you had asked me beforehand, and no one did, I would never have volunteered! I am so exhausted these days, physically and emotionally. Yet I seem up for it on this night. It must be solstice magic!
Notes: I suspect I've said just about as much as there is for me to say about the Jazz Butcher, except that I find myself enjoying these grainy, older recordings more than I used to. Elsewhere: I am certain the Indie Gods are punishing me for ending an honest to goodness ROCK BLOCK at the beginning of the program by going junglist all of a sudden, giving me (and you) a five-second dropout during "Night Vision" to contemplate the error of my ways. Nevertheless, it's true that I sell myself short during the backannounce. I am a Very Important Person. (And, by the way, so are you.)
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 December 20, 2100-2300:
- "Wait in the Car" | The Breeders | Wait in the Car | 4AD
- "Bigmouth Strikes Again - Demo" | The Smiths | The Queen Is Dead [box set] | Rhino
- "Marnie" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "The Magic Ray" | The Magic Ray | The Magic Ray | Dischi Autunno
- "Last Train to Clarkesdale (Back Crack Track)" | Brian Harris | My Sister's Wedding | self-released
- "JB V. PM" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "Night Vision - VIP Mix" | Technimatic | Technimatic Remixed | Shogun Audio
- "Open The Gift" | Laraaji | Bring On The Sun | All Saints
- "Distance" | Flying Saucer Attack | Distance [reissue] | VHF
- "Ten Cats Down (alt. take)" | The Miller Sisters | Hillbilly Fillies & Rockin' Chicks | Charly | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Outside" | Inner Self | O.E. Outside Experience | 100% Silk
- "Helena Markos" | Videodrones | Mondo Ferox | El Paraiso
- "Poly" | Daphni | Joli Mai | Jiaolong
- "Zombie Love" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "Mokou Mokou Blues" | Amadou & Mariam | La Confusion | Because Music
- "Shot" | The Hipshakes | Shot | Nerve Centre
- "Lost in France" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "Dream Come Now" | Honey | New Moody Judy | Wharf Cat
- "Reborn After the Road" | Several Definitions | Reborn After the Road | Stil vor Talent
- "Small Wonder" | The Carpettes | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "The One Who's Hurting Is You" | Sunny & The Sunliners | Mr. Brown Eyed Soul | Big Crown
- "JB Meets Count Dracula" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "Thema II" | Sully | Escape | Keysound
- "Camus" | The Veldt | Thanks to the Moth and Areanna Rose | self-released
- "Broccoli Tempura" | Kitty, Daisy & Lewis | Superscope | Sunday Best
- "Karma" | Will Lister | Space to Breathe | Joy in Repetition
- "You Are Digging Your Grave" | Nelson Can | EP3 | Alcopop!
- "Southern Mark Smith" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "Swampland" | Pere Ubu | 20 Years in a Montana Missile Silo | Cherry Red
- "Rain" | The Jazz Butcher | The Gift of Music | Glass | "Physical Evidence"
- "Falls 2" | Four Tet | New Energy | Text
- "Dust In Your Eyes - Mark Du Mosch Remix" | Nuno Dos Santos | Trigonometry of Love Remixes | Something Happening Somewhere
- "A Gleam" | Dmitry Evgrafov | Comprehension of Light | FatCat
- "Chatter" | L.Zylberberg | PE-010 | Prasens Editionen
- "Sheet Music" | Simian Ghost | Simian Ghost | Heist or Hit
- "Harmony Day" | The Mole | De La Planet | Maybe Tomorrow
resembling a thought
At long last, a well-executed program. I am in another of those troughs, it seems; it took an opportunity for "hero time," Godfrey's sudden indisposal--is that a word?--for me to show my best radio self. Unlike DJ Danelectro, who preceded me on this night, I couldn't plan or summon much holiday spirit, but perhaps hearing this program within the appropriate season will conjure up some of the hoped-for magic. My built-in "excuse," insofar as I need one, is that there would be two more programs between this one and "the big day."
Surely there are better segues than "Vicar in a Tutu" transitioning into "Crystal Pleasure," but I am willing to be wrong about this. Elsewhere there are moments that vary between lovely and weird and often achieve both qualities. Additionally we see the welcome return of Blancmange! I say so because someone phoned in specifically to tell me how awesome that track is. It must be true.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 December 19, 2100-2300:
- "Little Jacket" | Loney Dear | Loney Dear | Real World
- "Fit to be Tied" | The Veldt | Thanks to the Moth and Areanna Rose | self-released
- "Lost at Sea" | Martial Canterel | Lost at Sea | Dais
- "Arcade Desire" | Laroze | Past Twenty Years | RTCT
- "The Shape Of Trance To Come" | Lorenzo Senni | XAllegroX / The Shape Of Trance To Come | WARP
- "Bells" | Wooden Arms | Trick of the Light | Fierce Panda
- "~42º" | Carbon Based Lifeforms | Derelicts | Blood Music
- "George's Garden" | Mister Heavenly | Boxing the Moonlight | Polyvinyl
- "Grow - Nite Jewel Remix" | Barbara Morganstern & Werkstatt | Monika Werkstatt Remixes | Monika
- "Kitka" | Die Angel | Entropien I | Cosmo Rhythmatic
- "Groundsboy" | The Fall | New Facts Emerge | Cherry Red
- "Vicar In a Tutu" | The Smiths | The Queen Is Dead [box set] | Rhino
- "Crystal Pleasure" | Orlando Julius & Ashiko | Love Peace & Happiness | Hot Casa
- "Gratitude" | Blancmange | Unfurnished Rooms | Blanc Check
- "The Swarm of Sweettooth - Child Bite Remix" | Controlled Bleeding | Carving Songs | Artoffact
- "Fault Line" | Flat Worms | Flat Worms | Text Me
- "Samba" | The Hipshakes | Shot | Nerve Centre
- "The Winding Path" | Terminal Cheesecake | Dandelion Sauce of the Ancients | Box
- "Good Ol' Days" | Pablo Valentino | My Son's Smile | MCDE Recordings
- "Gravity Can Not Catch You" | Tzusing | In A Moment A Thousand Hits | Bedouin
- "Cold" | C Cat Trance | Screaming Ghosts | Emotional Rescue / Malka Tuti
- "Dolce" | I-iii | Dolce / Bun So Nude | Livity Sound
- "Paron Largo" | Ferenc vs. Eduardo de la Calle | Collab | Motor City Drum Ensemble
- "Beast" | Phase Fatale | Redeemer | Hospital Productions
- "Das Expanded, Untitled Riff" | Dedekind Cut | The Expanding Domain (DED005) | Hallow Ground
- "One Sad Touch" | G.S. Schray | Gabriel | Last Resort
- "Home Grown" | London Modular Alliance | Home Grown EP | Hypercolour
- "The Magic in You" | Ulrich Schnauss | No Further Ahead Than Today | Scripted Realities
Put on your best friend's anorak
This outing was less angry for us than the previous one. Indeed, in the intervening day we had come down from that infuriating telephone call and begun to feel remorse. Maybe that old lady--had we mentioned that it was an old lady?--was merely lonely and had difficulty communicating. Maybe we had shut her down in some way. Maybe she was a supporter of the station, or a would-be supporter, and we had alienated her (that probably happened in any case). We are extremely narcissistic and think our umbrage and words matter a lot!
Nevertheless, as we warned, we did not deliver a "lovely" program on this substitute occasion. (The previous program, The Joe Show, had "harmony" as its theme--is "theme" the right word when the songs literally featured harmonies? Is it not "style" or "feature?--making us wonder if we should return to "themed" programs, having burned ourselves out long ago.) But we did deliver a good, weird program, hopefully enjoyable whether you are old and lonely or young-ish and with healthy friendships.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 December 14, 2100-2300:
- "Helen in the Woods" | TORRES | Three Futures | 4AD
- "Before at the Flat, 'The Aquarium,' Conant Gardens, 10:00 PM" | Taos | Nights | Pont Neuf
- "Clouds" | Carbon Based Lifeforms | Derelicts | Blood Music
- "Without You" | Danvers | Omiyage EP | SGOL
- "Night Valve" | Off World | 2 | Constellation
- "Law and Panda" | Weaves | Wide Open | Memphis Industries
- "Circuit" | VVV | Shadow World | Holodeck
- "Aisling" | John Tejada | Ceol | Kompakt
- "Everyone Is Falling" | Vessels | The Great Distraction | Different
- "An Intention" | Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith | The Kid | Western Vinyl
- "Provinces" | City | A Goal Is an Image | Halcyon Veil
- "Neon Swing" | Juju & Jordash | Dekmantel 10 Years 05 | Dekmantel
- "For One Moment" | Lee Hazlewood | Love and Other Crimes | LHI | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Meille" | Hannu Karjalainen | A Handful Of Dust Is A Desert | Karaoke Kalk
- "Bleeding Eyes" | White Manna | Bleeding Eyes | Agitated
- "Bagman" | Honey | New Moody Judy | Wharf Cat
- "Mere Pseud Mag. Ed." | The Fall | Hex Enduction Hour | Superior Viaduct
- "The Painted Word" | The Pristines | Holding Hands Under a Cloudless Sky: A Tribute to the Television Personalities Volume 4 | The Beautiful Music
- "San" | Hinosch | Hinosch | TAL
- "Climate Change" | Display Homes | Display Homes | Tough Love
- "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - Demo" | The Smiths | The Queen Is Dead [box set] | Rhino
- "Thorazine" | Sumerian Fleet | Pendulum | Dark Entries
- "LPG" | Fvzz Popvli | Fvzz Dei | Heavy Psych Sounds
- "Patrick" | Juju | Our Mother Was A Plant | Fuzz Club
- "Searc" | Jabu | Sleep Heavy | Blackest Ever Black
- "Carretera" | Arce | Lapsus EP | M.I.S.T.
- "The End of Daydreams" | Behind the Shadow Drops | H a r m o n i c | Temporary Residence Limited
- "Still" | Nick Hoppner | Box Drop EP | Ostgut Ton
- "Mirror Mirror" | The Legendary Pink Dots | Pages of Aquarius | Metropolis
- "Cover From the Sun" | Destroyer | ken | Merge
- "Titan's Island" | Ancient Ocean | Titan's Island | Palmetto
A laughable life
I was angry on this night, because a listener had made a request in an obnoxious way. "I like what I'm hearing," the caller said, "but this would kick it up a notch." (Who uses Chef Emeril catchphrases in 2017, you were probably wondering. This person.) Like, was it impossible to just ask for a song without intimating that it would make my program better? Requests are already problematic enough in this day and age. There's a tension between everything already being on the internet (as the requested tune was) and our particular status as a listener-supported station. We shouldn't have to be anyone's jukebox, but we more or less must. There is the odd person every now and then who doesn't have internet, but how big a financial backer is such a person going to be?
Anyway I won't poison your experience any further by telling you which song it was that I didn't plan on playing when the evening began. You'll have to figure that out on your own.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 December 13, 2100-2300:
- "Welcome" | Orson Wells | Pneumatics | Live at Robert Johnson
- "Anatomie De Lenfer" | Teresa Winter | Untitled Death | The Death of Rave
- "Invisible Man (demo)" | The Breeders | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD | "Physical Evidence"
- "Forever" | Pink Fluid | Pipe Dreams | Horisontal Mambo
- "Mad World" | Superchunk | Break the Glass / Mad World | Merge
- "Charles" | Skids | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "Mistress (remix)" | Red House Painters | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "I Don't Know" | UV Pop | In Your Skin | Genetic
- "New Way of Feeling" | Toby Tobias | The Rain | Delusions of Grandeur
- "Where Are All Those Puerto Rican Boys?" | Unrest | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "Filter Me Through You" | The Dream Syndicate | Filter Me Through You | Anti
- "ChakachaMaasaiMbili - feat. Maasai Mbili & Oren Gerlitz" | Gebruder Teichmann | Lost on Earth | Noland
- "Orere Elejigbo" | Lidaju Sisters | Horizon Unlimited | Knitting Factory
- "No One Else (But Me)" | Rock Town Express | Funky Makossa | Comb & Razor
- "This Is The Way (Pt 2)" | Ultra Vivid Scene | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "Heard My Name" | Omni | Multi-task | Trouble In Mind
- "Shatner" | The Wedding Present | George Best 30 | Scopitones
- "Firefly" | Heidi Berry | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "Boda Has No Radio" | Ross Alexander | Memorias, Vol. 1 - Bugandan Sacred Places | Sucata Tapes
- "Your Eyes (remix)" | Underground Lovers | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "The Car" | Apartment | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "I Love You Citizen" | Seeming | Sol: A Self-Banishment Ritual | Artoffact
- "Totally Freaked Out" | Bettie Serveert | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "Usa" | Ultra Satan | Usa / Usb | Hoga Nord
- "Happy Time" | Brendan Perry | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "Prism, Pt. 2" | Throwing Snow | Embers | Houndstooth
- "Syrtos Sta Dyo" | Alexis Zoumbas | A Lament for Epirus, 1926-1928 | Angry Mom | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Gravity:Repulsion" | Michael Beach | Gravity/Repulsion | Spectacular Commodity
- "Keep Breaking It Down" | Howard Ivans | Beautiful Tired Bodies | Spacebomb
- "The Embers" | Enter Shikari | The Spark | Play It Again Sam
- "Desire Lines (demo)" | Lush | The 13 Year Itch | 4AD
- "The Pillars of Creation" | Electrosoul System & Liquitek | Kosmological Conspiracy | Kos.Mos
- "Do Yoused To Go" | Anno Stamm | FragmentsB | All City Dublin
Like it or not, I prefer it this way
Please find attached the first December program of the year. It begins well! They all seem to begin well. In my previous life in the theatre, I always wanted to know that I was "in good hands" at the start of a performance. If I felt that way, I could forgive whatever mistakes and weirdness might happen later. If I didn't feel that way I would never feel comfortable. I hope this program makes you feel comfortable, at least at first.
Are there mistakes and weirdnesses here? I'm sorry, is this your first time visiting the podcast site? We start off with Peter Buck, the evening's featured artist, dropping a metric ton of f-bombs in his first song. It got me thinking--there was a time, not too long ago, when I would have felt rebellious playing such a tune. Now--my parents are listening (corollary--will I ever grow up?), I'm tired and sad, and language only seems to free the wrong people in this time.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 December 6, 2100-2300:
- "The Golden Age" | Susanne Sundfor | Music for People in Trouble | Bella Union
- "Czech One" | King Krule | Czech One | XL
- "Muffler" | Rowan Box | Just Breathe / Muffler | M.I.S.T.
- "By the Way" | Lee Hazlewood | Love and Other Crimes | LHI | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Winning" | The Sound | From the Lion's Mouth | Korova
- "It's Alright" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "All Rolled Up" | F Ingers | Awkwardly Blissing Out | Blackest Ever Black
- "20 Block Lockdown" | Richard H. Kirk | Dasein | Intone
- "Migraine" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Kimigayo" | Merzbow | Trax Test (Excerpts from the Modular Network 1981-1987) | Ecstatic
- "Back a Bit.. Stop" | The Wedding Present | Marc Riley Sessions Volume 2 | Hatch
- "Return (Peel Session)" | The Fall | The Fontana Years | UMC / Fontana
- "Travel Without Arriving" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "524" | Cooper Bowman | Maud Variations | Resistance / Restraint
- "Nowhere No Way" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Shame" | I Speak Machine | Zombies 1985 | Lex
- "Rodent" | Burial | Rodent | Hyperdub
- "10 Million BC" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Catching an L" | Greg Fox | The Gradual Progression | Rvng Int'l
- "No Answers - Concealed Identity Remix" | Soul Intent | No Answers | Exkursions
- "Hard Old World" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others" | The Smiths | The Queen Is Dead [box set] | Rhino
- "Divine Voices" | The/Das | Exit Strategies | Life & Death
- "In a Parallel World - (Alt. Version)" | Wild Billy Childish / CTMF | I've Got a Conflicted Mind | Damaged Goods
- "Cheap Mimicry" | Terry Malts | Split EP | Emotional Response
- "Biosolution for Today" | Nostalgia | Trax Test (Excerpts from the Modular Network 1981-1987) | Ecstatic
- "L.V.M.F." | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Rise Of The White Dwarf" | Pfirter | Double Existence | Mindtrip
- "Nothing Means Nothing" | Peter Buck | Peter Buck | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Zahir" | Concealed Identity | No Answers | Exkursions
- "Derealization" | MIS+RESS | S/T | Somewherecold
God bless the cold winds and its refreshing consequence
Here is the first post-Thanksgiving program, and therefore the first program of our sixth year on the air. It continues to blow my mind that they let me keep doing this. Back in 2012 I thought maybe I would get ten programs out of my WRFI experience if I didn't offend anybody. That I remain fixated on this--"wow, unbelievable"--and don't just accept it and move forward is what my therapist would call a "frozen shutdown response." I am working on it, I promise.
Ok, I am amused that right off the bat I called the Fort Romeau tune "EMO II." I don't care what anyone thinks. That is accurate. Synths and drum machines from "that time" are emotional. I am realizing that music is a time machine and there is an increasing list of rides I don't want to take. Fort Romeau--if you're reading--I enjoyoed your track!
Do your best this week not to freeze or shut down.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 November 29, 2100-2300:
- "Emu II" | Fort Romeau | Emulators | Running Back
- "Raining Horses" | Shit and Shine | Some People Really Know How to Live | Editions Mego
- "The Truth (Shall Save Us)" | Foundars 15 | Fire Woman | Comb & Razor
- "Exclam" | Trickfinger | John Frusciante presents Trickfinger II | Acid Test
- "E.I.A. (Emergency In Africa)" | Daniel Dzidzonu | Unknownland | Zephyrus
- "Quelqu'un Est Jaloux (Someone Is Jealous)" | Delin T. Guillory & Lewis Lafleur | Aimer et Perdre: To Love & To Lose: Songs, 1917-1934 | Angry Mom Archives | "The Listening Parlour"
- "You Will Find Out" | Fake Laugh | Fake Laugh | Headcount
- "T" | Sites 'n Sounds | The Night Is so Dark | Slovenly
- "Upside Your Head" | Thee Headcoats | The Jimmy Reed Experience | Get Hip | "Physical Evidence"
- "Final Transmission" | Jochen Heym | Sononaut | Stonedwave
- "Map to the Stars" | Ducktails | Jersey Devil | New Images
- "Bright Lights, Big City" | Thee Headcoats | The Jimmy Reed Experience | Get Hip | "Physical Evidence"
- "Lullabies for the Lost and Forgotten" | Beastie Respond | Information City | Foul Up
- "Gentle Soul" | Four Tet | New Energy | Text
- "Honest I Do" | Thee Headcoats | The Jimmy Reed Experience | Get Hip | "Physical Evidence"
- "Impotent Garden" | Violence | Human Dust To Fertilize the Impotent Garden | PTP
- "Natural Tradition" | Beaches | Second of Spring | Chapter Music
- "Simple Things" | Carmen Villain | Infinite Avenue | Smalltown Supersound
- "Hay Fever" | 14 Iced Bears | 14 Iced Bears [reissue] | Optic Nerve
- "Silver Lining" | Makoto | Salvation | Hospital
- "Out Here" | Lord of the Isles | Permanent Vacation X (10 Years Label Anniversary) | Permanent Vacation
- "High and Lonesome" | Thee Headcoats | The Jimmy Reed Experience | Get Hip | "Physical Evidence"
- "Vespa" | Bicep | Bicep | Ninja Tune
- "Cielo" | Tensnake | Permanent Vacation X (10 Years Label Anniversary) | Permanent Vacation
- "Fade Away" | Dead Man's Chest | Trilogy Dubs, Vol. 3 | Ingredients
- "I Remember" | Thee Headcoats | The Jimmy Reed Experience | Get Hip | "Physical Evidence"
- "Party in the Dark" | Mogwai | Every Country's Sun | Rock Action
- "Ain't That Lovin' You Baby" | Thee Headcoats | The Jimmy Reed Experience | Get Hip | "Physical Evidence"
- "The Strange Silence" | John Talabot | Permanent Vacation X (10 Years Label Anniversary) | Permanent Vacation
- "Theta v5 (Repetir)" | Existente | Theta Series | Arctic Dub (Sursumcorda)
awkwardly blissing out
Looking back at this, the final program of our fifth year, I'm feeling better than I did the last time out. It's a slight improvement, but improvement matters! Fitting, isn't it, that this is a fill-in program, as there's no possible way we could have averaged 76 programs a year without them?! And here I was thinking that 2017 had been a light year in terms of this. As always, my perception is a bit off.
Typically, I can't wrap my mind around some of these segues. How could I have thought these would work? For every "Big Dream from a Small Room" into "Fool Babe" (not sure how that one made it into the program but there it is), there's an Akkord into The Smiths (not sure how much longer I can indulge my Morrissey fixation publicly). There is, additionally, at least one point where I begin to play a song for the second time on the night. But I am pretty sure it is a good song, and quality matters.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 November 19, 2100-2300:
- "Extricate" | The Fall | The Fontana Years | UMC / Fontana
- "The Great Dying" | MIS+RESS | S/T | Somewherecold
- "Big Dream from a Small Room" | Brian Harris | My Sister's Wedding | self-released
- "Fool Babe" | Shelley Short | Pacific City | Mississippi Modern
- "Crisis" | Gerry Read | New Junk City | Ramp Recordings
- "Greenland" | The Wedding Present | Going, Going... | Scopitones
- "Moonflower" | Auburn Lull | Hypha | Azure Vista
- "This Is Your Life" | Glaxo Babies | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "A Single Hellfire Missile Costs $100,000" | Ben Frost | The Centre Cannot Hold | Mute
- "Dead Pop Stars" | Altered Images | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "Static Burn" | Lina Tullgren | Won | Captured Tracks
- "Gaslighter" | Faerground Accidents | Co-Morbid | Louder Than War
- "Set Me Free" | THE TINOPENERS | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "Ghost" | The Horrors | V | Wolf Tone
- "Fire With Fire" | Fred V & Grafix | Cinematic Party Music | Hospital
- "Wild Dub" | Generation X | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "Instrumental" | Florist | If Blue Could Be Happiness | Double Double Whammy
- "I'd Rather Spend My Time With You" | Flamin' Groovies | Fantastic Plastic | Sonic Kicks / Severn
- "Jamaica 88" | Psychic Health | Exclusion | Time No Place
- "Strain" | Chelsea Wolfe | Hiss Spun | Sargent House
- "DRUMMER MAN" | Tonight | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "Chainsaw Massacre" | Utopia Production | Trax Test (Excerpts from the Modular Network 1981-1987) | Ecstatic
- "It's Coming to a Point" | Sløtface | Try Not to Freak Out | Propeller
- "Trybuna Ludu" | B-Sides | Trax Test (Excerpts from the Modular Network 1981-1987) | Ecstatic
- "Unite et Litre" | Baloji | 64 Bits & Malachite | Bella Union
- "First Time" | The Boys | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "You Are Me And I Am You" | Jesu Sun Kil Moon | 30 Seconds to the Decline of Planet Earth | Caldo Verde
- "Midnight Cowboy" | Acetone | 1992 - 2001 | Light in the Attic
- "Big Shot" | Bark Psychosis | Hex | Fire
- "Do the Robot" | The Saints | Gary Crowley's Punk and New Wave | Edsel
- "Surgical Lights (Mike Butler Mix)" | Kids On A Crime Spree | Split EP | Emotional Response
- "Momento Mori" | Siriusmo | Comic | Monkeytown
- "Night Train" | John Barera & Will Martin | Proceed to the Root | 2MR
- "RCVR" | Akkord | RCVR / XMTR | Houndstooth
- "Never Had No One Ever - Demo" | The Smiths | The Queen Is Dead [box set] | Rhino
- "Something Changed" | A House in the Trees | What Am I Supposed To Do? | Handsome Dad
- "Volumes" | Minor Science | Whities 012 | Whities