We are getting closer. Here is another one. I hope you can enjoy these while they last. To me, these sound like someone else's program at this point. It's not literally the case, but I have been through a lot, you guys. Let's savor the innocence where it manifests itself.
On this day there were imbroglios about a razor commercial featuring a young transgender man learning to shave, and John Cleese cancelling himself over Brexit. Somewhere in the midst of all that there was a radio program that may or may not have reflected the vibes. Probably not.
"Pretty good until ill-conceived Biltmore Dive segue," my notes read. "And then of course Lali Puna was late. But the Korto segue was really good! Most things that I played from my laptop sounded terrible. The Membranes were an exception though that song sounds like eco-fascism."
2019. So it goes.
BOMBAST playlist, 2019 May 29, 2100-2300:
- "Bafia" | DJ Khalab | Black Noise 2084 | On the Corner
- "Trouble" | Halogenix | Edition 2 | 1985 Music
- "Safe On Hollow Ground" | Aerial Love Feed | Out Of The Darkness | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Mother - Instrumental Version" | Kongas | Afrodesia | Because Music
- "Tectonic Breach" | Mythic Sunship | Upheaval | El Paraiso
- "Nothing Stays" | Cyberaktif | Artoffact Records 2019 | Artoffact
- "All We Ever Wanted Was Everything" | Bauhaus | The Sky's Gone Out [reissue] | Beggars Banquet
- "Blue Rhumba" | Scott Gilmore | Two Roomed Motel | Crammed Discs
- "Debris" | Test Dept | Disturbance | One Little Indian
- "Sharpened Edge" | Ivan Black | Harmonic Neuism | vanguardista
- "Where Have They Gone" | KiDD | Chance Weekend | Zenerino
- "Rock & Roll Cinnamon Tree" | Maggie Sue Wimberly | Hillbilly Fillies & Rockin' Chicks | Charly | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Airmail" | Dome | Dome 1 [reissue] | Editions Mego
- "When The Sun Collapsed" | Biltmore Dive | Out Of The Darkness | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Beatx" | Lali Puna | Being Water | Morr Music
- "Special One" | Alpha Stone | Stereophonic Pop Art Music | Hoga Nord Arkiv
- "Fresque" | Korto | Come On Feel The NoiZe, Vol. 5 - Amour pour la France | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Hyperspace Blues" | Strand of Oaks | Eraserland | Dead Oceans
- "Winter (The Beauty And Violence Of Nature)" | The Membranes | What Nature Gives...Nature Takes Away | Cherry Red
- "Hotel of The Lake, 1990" | The Durutti Column | Obey The Time [reissue] | Factory Benelux
- "Miss Globule" | Pas Musique | The Phoenix | Alrealon
- "Saucy Jack" | The Buff Medways | 1914 [reissue] | Damaged Goods
- "Good Looking" | Fat Cops | Fat Cops | self-released
- "Ladies Well" | Thomas Gray / Liam Ebbs | 3 Days, 2 Nights | Analogue Attic
- "Control" | Where We Sleep | Experiments In The Dark | self-released
- "ILYBBY♥" | Radio藍Dream | Eternal Spring | Virtual Soundsystem
- "Quipu" | John Tejada | Dead Start Program | Kompakt
Got lost in my own skin, thought that i earned it
How hard is it to write a sentence? How hard to post a picture, or a sound file, or a playlist? Probably "not very," on a universal scale, but on my solipsistic spectrum of struggle they appear at one extreme, I guess. Anyway, hello, it's me! I have indeed been doing radio all this time, however it may seem to podcast-only listeners. What else have I been doing? Where do I start?
Let's just say I moved and changed jobs, and the rest is gossip.
Notably, this was Morrissey's birthday. In previous years I might have programmed accordingly, and this year I might have programmed accordingly but more antagonistically, but honestly I'm just finished. This was probably "catalyst one" of my format change / plunge off the deep end / whatever. But that's for another day.
In the meantime, this is a nearly perfect show (at least that's what my notes tell me) as far as technique is concerned, though there is a lot of rock in hour 2. In "what were we enduring on this day" news, it was indeed World Goth Day and wouldn't you know it, people in the 4AD facebook group were body-shaming Lisa Gerrard; elsewhere, known jackass Moby was discovered to have another level to him, accidentally reflected in the Stella Donnelly tune that I played. Topicality!
BOMBAST playlist, 2019 May 22, 2100-2300:
- "Trash Can" | Jon Spencer | Spencer Sings the Hits! | In The Red
- "Afterlight" | Evi Vine | Black // Light // White // Dark | Solemn Wave
- "Lost My Brain" | Superchunk | What a Time to Be Alive | Merge
- "Procession - Cargo Demo" | New Order | Movement [reissue] | Rhino
- "Frameshift Mutation" | Umwelt | Ecopoiesis | Voltax
- "Days of the Sunset" | 90 Process | Fuse | Lobster Theremin
- "Spacewoman" | The Breeders | All Nerve | 4AD
- "Genau Wie Damals" | Ulrich Schnauss / Jonas Munk | Passage | Azure Vista
- "Time Zones" | Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark | Dazzle Ships [reissue] | Virgin
- "Nocebo" | Meat Beat Manifesto | Impossible Star | Flexidisc
- "Cruel When Complete" | Dome | Dome 1 [reissue] | Editions Mego
- "Nite Klub" | The Specials | The Specials | Chrysalis
- "Our Love Can Destroy This Whole Fucking World" | Teeth Of The Sea | Wraith | Rocket
- "Sonora" | Cochemea | All My Relations | Daptone
- "Dub Along" | Lee "Scratch" Perry + Subatomic Sound System | Super Ape Returns to Conquer | Echo Beach
- "Sister Lucifer" | Brian | Fading Starlight | self-released
- "Snoqualmie" | MARKERS | Heaven in the Dark Earth | God Unknown
- "Pillow Fight @ Shag Mountain" | The Orb | No Sounds Are Out of Bounds | Cooking Vinyl
- "Radiant City" | Lake Ruth | Birds of America | Feral Child
- "64" | Raam | Raam 8.8 | Raam
- "Ty I Ya" | Ummagma | Caravan | Leonard Skully
- "Of Lilies And Remains" | Bauhaus | Mask [reissue] | Beggars Banquet
- "Old Man" | Stella Donnelly | Beware of the Dogs | Secretly Canadian
- "World's Last Payphone" | Dot Dash | Proto Retro | The Beautiful Music
- "Kill Devil Hills" | The Wedding Present | Marc Riley Sessions Volume 3 | Hatch
- "Orquidea" | Consejo | Come On Feel The NoiZe, Vol. 4 - La Furia | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "My Poor Heart" | The Brian Jonestown Massacre | Something Else | A Recordings
- "Your Honour" | The Beasts | Still Here | Bang!
- "Some Time Ago" | Victor Krummenacher | Blue Pacific | Veritas
- "Til The Money Runs Out" | Tom Waits | Heartattack and Vine | Elektra | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Why Not" | Man•E | Go To Slip | Taste
How lonely does it feel?