I don't want to start a too-specific discussion of how the sausage is made around here, but as I write this I have listened to about a half-dozen terrible albums in a row. (No, I did not know beforehand that they were terrible! I am a pretty basic gentleman with pretty basic methods of self-flagellation.) I am writing this in a bad mood, you guys. Now: will this bad mood somehow embed itself in your experience of the attached mixtape? Do I impart any of my momentary energy into this act of sharing? If I understand a second-hand account of Genesis Breyer P-Orridge that a friend passed on to me, GBP's answer would be "yes." Apologies in advance!
You see, we were discussing--how shall I say it--the work of a certain musician who is a Dodgy Person (not Genesis!). And I wondered whether, shorn of any known background or context, did an instrumental piece "do the work" of said person's belief system? Apparently, the answer went, there is an energy, present in the time and space of the recording, that comes through. I like to tell myself that I'm not a person who believes in "woo," as the hip young rationalists call it, but then I do find more comfort in thinking the universe bears a specific antipathy toward me than in chalking my long trail of misfortunes up to random chance. So all of this seems plausible enough!
Truth: while I like the "Magickal Mystery D Tour" EP quite a lot, I am not a huge fan and have always enjoyed the other post-Throbbing Gristle bands a good deal more. But here I am, record in hand--NEVER SELL--and a birthday observance falls on my night of the week. I tried, really I did, but maybe some of this ambivalence transmitted, because this is a HOT MESS of a show for reasons that (on the surface) have nothing to do with Genesis. Sorry!
Then again, I may just misunderstand the magick altogether and be prone to sloppy nights on occasion.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 February 22, 2100-2300:
- "Followed Path" | Karl Hector & the Malcouns | Beyond Addis Vol.2 (Modern Ethiopian Dance Grooves Inspired by Swinging Addis) | Trikont
- "Feed Me With Your Kiss" | Chilindrina | Forever and Again, A Tribute to My Bloody Valentine | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "The Light Is Clear In My Eyes" | Moby & The Void Pacific Choir | These Systems Are Failing | Little Idiot - Mute
- "Roman P. (Fireball Mix)" | Psychic TV | The Magickal Mystery D Tour EP | Temple | "Physical Evidence"
- "Checkpoint Charlie" | The City Gates | Colors Compilations - Red "Shoegaze" | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Sports" | Mark Feehan | M.F. II | Richie Records / Testostertunes
- "Isis and Osiris" | Brian Harris | Cyclops | self-released
- "All My Colours" | The Sensualists | Gods Will Be Gods - A Reverence To The Bunnymen | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "When You Sleep" | Spirit System | Forever and Again, A Tribute to My Bloody Valentine | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Hex-Sex (Voodoo Mix)" | Psychic TV | The Magickal Mystery D Tour EP | Temple | "Physical Evidence"
- "Home" | Public Image Ltd | Album | Universal
- "Had Enough Of Love" | Yumi Yumi Hip Hop | CD16 | Impermeable
- "Raw and Unbleached" | Simonn | Lost Journey EP | Night Tide
- "Spor Tranquil" | Mulan Serrico | Tendres Tenebres | Crudites Tapes
- "Come Back" | Emeterians | The Journey | VP
- "Good Vibrations (Kundalini Mix)" | Psychic TV | The Magickal Mystery D Tour EP | Temple | "Physical Evidence"
- "Am I asleep and dreaming" | Space Blue | Tendres Tenebres | Crudites Tapes
- "Tune the System / Start Slow (Dry drums Motivation Vrsn)" | Gulls Rhythm Force | Family Album 2017 | Boomarm Nation
- "No Means No" | Alice Bag | Alice Bag | Don Giovanni
- "Currency Transfer" | Gross Net | Quantitative Easing | Touch Sensitive
- "Interzone" | Psychic TV | The Magickal Mystery D Tour EP | Temple | "Physical Evidence"
- "Trial of The Century" | Strategy | Family Album 2017 | Boomarm Nation
- "A Ultima Fonte" | Cubus | Colors Compilations - Grey "Post Punk" | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Seed" | Max Cooper | Emergence | Mesh
- "Lost In Neon" | Marconi Union | Tokyo+ | Just Music
Share | Download(Loading)