With a mixture of happiness and malaise I present to you what turned out to be an excellent program, which I am pretty sure only I have heard. Occupying the "Test Pattern" time slot straddling the midnight hour last Friday, I observed Krampusnacht and the
faste feast of St. Nicholas Peter. Doing radio on holy days used to be something that fueled my soul. Now? I don't know, and I'm scared that I don't know.
This recovering altar boy (it's not what you think) used to love doing radio during Advent, and especially on December 24. I think I managed to do the latter every single year, back at the old radio station. Granted, I wasn't doing it after midnight, so that might be a thing, but still I feel like I am chasing thrills that aren't coming back. I feel like a character in a Hallmark Christmas movie, jaded, needing to believe, needing a seasonal miracle.
Wouldn't it be great if Krampus were real? I feel like that myth is the direct negative of the Santa Claus idea. On the 25th, you wake up to find your stocking full--he does exist! On the morning of December 6, however, you wake up to find that all the world's worst people are still here--he doesn't exist. I find the whole thing very rude.
No time to dwell on it. Those thrills aren't getting any closer.
BOMBAST playlist, 2014 December 5 2300-0100 December 6:
- "Bad Mouth" | Fugazi | First Demo | Dischord
- "Portrait Of A Sorry Man" | Peter Buck | Opium Drivel | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Cada Dia Te Quiero Mas" | Ana Helder | Fiebre de Marte | Comeme
- "HMix" | Lee Gamble | Koch | PAN
- "Drown With Me" | Peter Buck | Opium Drivel | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Signature - feat. Anja T. Lahrmann" | Future 3 | With & Without | Morr
- "Ata Calling" | Vaudou Game | Apiafo | Hot Casa
- "Ghetto Of Eden" | King Champion Sounds | Songs For The Golden Hour | Louder Than War
- "Valediction" | Ides of Gemini | Old World New Wave | Sige
- "Our Love (Daphni Mix)" | Caribou | Our Love (Daphni Mix) | Merge
- "If This Is Love Can I Have My Money Back?" | Peter Buck | Opium Drivel | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "Macaques" | The Heuremics | Whe Reisa Zat | not on label (self-released)
- "Merdona" | Margot | Prins Thomas Diskomiks Selection | Internasjonal
- "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" | Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds | Kicking Against The Pricks [reissue] | Mute
- "Laguna" | Fennesz | Venice | Touch
- "Pale Spectre - 7" edit" | The Wake | Testament (Best Of) | Factory Benelux
- "wish" | Felicita | Frenemies | Gum
- "Agar" | Mattson 2 | Agar | Um Yeah Arts
- "Skipscada" | A Certain Ratio | Sextet | Factory Benelux
- "Whirling" | Tom Dissevelt & Kid Baltan | The Fascinating World Of Electronic Music | Sonitron
- "Chemical Playschool 16 Part 1" | The Legendary Pink Dots | Chemical Playschool Volumes 16 & 18 | self-released
- "How To Pronounce Tecuciztecatl" | His Name Is Alive | not on album | Soundcloud self-release
- "Welcome To The Party" | Peter Buck | Opium Drivel | Mississippi / Change | "Physical Evidence"
- "SE" | Call Super | Suzi Ecto | Houndstooth
- "You Can Count On Me" | Los Straitjackets | Deke Dickerson Sings The Great Instrumental Hits | Yep Rock
- "For The Feel" | Bleached | For The Feel | Dead Oceans
- "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" | Isaac Hayes | Greatest Hits | Stax
next time: scratches and dust. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
Share | Download(Loading)