I have had a couple of vodkas, so I'll tell you something: in a very, very, VERY indirect way, this whole adventure began some ten years ago, when Junior was born. How we got from there to here is a winding, convoluted path of which I have yet to fully make sense, but I am confident that both "there" and "here" are both points upon it. For reasons I don't remember, I was listening to a few of these "fish" compilations in the week leading up to Junior's birth, so when one of them "surfaced" as the "Physical Evidence" on Junior's birthday night, I didn't second-guess it.
Frequently I allude to the idea that this program is more than fun and games. It is. That I haven't articulated why, and can't articulate why, are evidence that this is the world's worst diary. But the show does serve a purpose for me and means a great deal. There is some magic--real magic, not accidental*--in this transmission, in places at least. At such moments I think, "that's why I do this." The ultimate "why?" That will probably take therapy, the actual kind. For now, enjoy this run I'm having.
BOMBAST playlist, 2014 January 22, 2100-2300:
- "Drake" | Tempelhof | Frozen Dancers | Hell Yeah
- "Venice Groove" | Sandals | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Orange" | Schiller | Sun (Chill Out Edition) | 7star
- "Help Me Lift You Up" | Macbeth | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Prosopagnosia" | Moon Wheel | For S.M.J | Wool
- "Wildfire" | Fuel | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Requiem for a Father" | The Durutti Column | The Return of the Durutti Column | Factory Benelux
- "De Pire en Pire" | Magnetix | De Pire en Pire | Born Bad
- "Lost Summer" | Single Point Edge | Single Point Edge | Rwina
- "Signal" | The Wedding Present | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Yes I Noise" | Margot | Trentaseitrenta | Holger
- "Saude (featuring Tibau) - Mollono.Bass Remix" | Pupkulies & Rebecca | Wolde | Acker
- "Brain-Tag (Original Version)" | Bettie Serveert | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Dragon Fly with Khaleesi" | Mario Basanov | Machinarium | Best Kept Secret
- "Easy Slide" | Hyperhead | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Chabman" | Vox Populi | Cut Chemist Presents: Funk Off! | A Stable Sound
- "Bailed Out (Cello Mix)" | The Auteurs | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Resveta" | Larkin & The Sky | Polyrhythmic Series #3 | SVS
- "Death Wish (live)" | L7 | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Ar II" | Basic House | Oats | Alter
- "Whirl (Original Version)" | The Jesus Lizard | Volume 5 | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "On the Way to the Peak of Normal" | Holger Czukay | On the Way to the Peak of Normal | Groenland
- "Additional Ghosts" | Ulrich Schnauss & Mark Peters | Tomorrow Is Another Day | Bureau B
next time: how many saints can fit in a day? enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
* except for that hiccup-like sound when I'm discussing Mollono.Bass--I swear that wasn't an actual hiccup! That would really have bothered me and poisoned my impression of this show. Which is not to say that I know exactly what produced that noise.
Share | Download(Loading)