Appearances notwithstanding, I am not on the air "90 percent of the time" [sheesh] and only occasionally do I have an "itch" to do something aside from the regular Wednesday night "mothership" program. My life outside of radio is a full and imaginative one (alright, perhaps not imaginative), and BOMBAST takes work (again, appearances notwithstanding). I don't always have a specific thing to do with extra airtime, so these extra programs tend to happen after failed attempts to give it away.
Happily this program is a whole 'nother thing. The day prior, I was just living my "full and imaginative" life when what should appear in my inbox but a couple of audio files sent by Rudy Tambala? He should require no introduction, but in case you need one, he was effectively one-half of Hall of Legends inductees A.R.Kane. He also had a hand in M|A|R|R|S, Inrain, and Sufi. The audio files were unreleased demos, recorded with Alison Shaw of Cranes fame, as well as...ugh, linking makes me tired. Anyway, HEY LOOK, a collaboration between good musical people.
So this was an occasion, you see--and I was just about to put out a call for someone to fill this time on Sunday afternoon, but instead decided to hoard it all to myself, which I think is what some of my colleagues imagine I do in every case anyway.
Welcome, then, to the premiere of "Open Attachments," another hastily-named feature on the program, although I think this one might stick.
ps yes I know these are not exclusive but still.
BOMBAST playlist, 2014 March 23, 1600-1730:
- "Behind the Hourglass - Alex Smoke Remix" | Avatism | Adamant Remixes #1 | Vakant
- "For Delia" | Sun Spells | not on album | Soundcloud self-release
- "Biology3 (demo)" | Tambala / Shaw | unreleased | "Open Attachments"
- "Holidays" | Colo | UR | KI
- "The Speed of Fear" | Gallon Drunk | The Soul of The Hour | Clouds Hill
- "Move Along" | Cranes | Worlds | Dadaphonic
- "Nobody Knows the Trouble Us People Had Seen" | Rufus Harley | Re-Creation of the Gods | Transparency
- "Stratosfear" | Seven & Dubtek | Live from the Future | Uprise
- "Such a Little Girl" | Nikki Sudden & Jacobites | Texas | Creation
- "Johnny B Goode" | The Spiders | Big Lizard Stomp - Teen Trash from Psychedelic Tokyo 1966-1969 | Bamboo
- "Fool (demo)" | Tambala / Shaw | unreleased | "Open Attachments"
- "The Day I Come Alive" | Michael A Grammar | Random Vision | Melodic
- "Blackmail" | Altarboy | Slow Ghost | Wonder Wet
- "Better Days" | Thor's Hammer | If You Knew: Icelandic Punk & Beat '65-'67! | Ugly Pop
- "Enoemos" | Sixth June | Pleasure | Mannequin
- "Wishing Well (feat. Barbarossa)" | Mario & Vidis | Undercover | Silence Family
- "Up" | A.R.Kane | Up Home! | Rough Trade
next time: a Medway night. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
Share | Download(Loading)