It's Guy (me) again, perhaps too soon. As in radio, so it is in life. There is too much content. No one knows where it comes from. We are, perhaps, bored on the air. And on the phone. And on the couch. And in the driver's seat. And so on.
For me it is back to the frozen North. Perhaps I'll be missed. Perhaps I'll come back. Surely there are other adventures, for all of us. I leave you with a diversion that at least does not suffer from the previous one's technical difficulties. May you savor it.
U_D_M playlist, 2019 September 21, 1900-2000:
- "Gilgamesh - Timboletti Remix" | Elfenberg | 20 Jahre SOS Jubiläums Compilation | 3000°
- "My Queen" | Snips | London Livin' EP | Barbershop
- "Northeast" | Martin Buttrich | Northeast / Southwest | Planet E
- "Uri's Song (feat. Wiretapping)" | Ciel | Why Me? | Spectral Sound
- "IV" | Achim Maerz | Experiments | Don't Be Afraid
- "Lumen" | Luke Hess | Facette | Echocord Colour
- "Washed Out" | Sousk | Shelter | Souvenir
- "Aztec Code" | Pletnev | Aztec Code / Daywalker | Fleeting Wax
- "Space Bubbles" | Seahawks & Laraaji | Spaciousness: Music Without Boundaries | Lo Recordings
some say he's naive
Guy LeBatard here (or there, then.) Another opportunity for broadcast adventure had arisen, so I seized it. Sadly, there is nothing remarkable about this program except for the near-complete failure of the station's equipment. It must be a sign of our age that "duress" stands in for "excitement," but we can't do anything about our age. Or can we?
Did you know that a million people are striking in the streets of Paris? Did you know that 250 million workers have walked off the job in India? Les soixante-huitards live on. In the form of other people, 52 years later, but we take what we can. Settling is also a sign of the age.
U_D_M playlist, 2019 September 14, 1900-2000:
- "Soma" | Donald's House | Dan's Dancing EP | Touch From A Distance
- "The Future Is Here" | International Anything | Cocoon Compilation R | Cocoon
- "Memory Traces" | Lunate | Silk to Dry the Tears | 100% Silk
- "Delusions of Grandeur" | Pépe | Aerial | Let's Play House
- "The Adverse Within" | Stare5 | Void Swimmer | Epm Music
- "You Know Too Much" | Dionigi | Correspondant Compilation 02 | Correspondant
- "Galaxianii" | Anii | Aniitime | Kompakt
- "Blauracke" | Dominik Eulberg | Bienenfresser & Blauracke | Apus Apus
Greetings from dead time. I am Guy, and sometimes I do radio and post here. The attached file is a detour from the summer, but eternal summer is upon us now, so how old is it, really? Anyway, this was the first "Saturday night" of the "academic year," both ridiculous constructs, but those willing to throw away their leisure time on the passive consumption of radio content could find me, living my best possible life to this here soundtrack.
If I remember correctly, and I probably do, this night was filled with references and suggestions. Alcyon? It does sound familiar. Feel live? I did and I do. Alternative Faction? Surely a "kid catharsis" musical entity waiting to happen. It was also a night of solidity and opacity, a monolithic beat experience in which you could lose yourself. And I think I did? But I came back, and I will be back again.
U_D_M playlist, 2019 August 31, 1900-2000:
- "Paradigm Shift" | Greg Gow | Paradigm Shift | Planet E
- "Naja" | Pawas feat. Arooj Aftab | India Gets Physical, Vol. 1 | Get Physical
- "All States of Dawn" | Smallpeople | Afterglow | Smallville
- "Alcyon" | Simon Vuarambon | A Winter Sampler | All Day I Dream
- "Feel Live" | Massimiliano Pagliara | Feel Live | Live at Robert Johnson
- "Alternative Faction" | Casey Tucker | Alternative Faction | Love Notes
- "Cannot Compare" | Frits Wentink & DJ Boring | Shall Not Fade - 3 Years of Service | Shall Not Fade
- "Cosmic Child (Thomas T & Anish – Remix)" | Greg Shepherd | Divine | finefood
I am back and I am Guy. I decided to stay in Ithaca for an extra weekend; as luck would have it, airtime magically appeared and I seized it. I don't wear the conceptual straitjackets that kid catharsis likes to sport and am blissfully unaffected by his crises of personhood; I do as I please when it pleases me. Consider this "normal" service, more or less. You're welcome.
But to try on kid catharsis's self-critical style for a moment, it's true when I say that the beats were a bit overpowering on this excursion. I had difficulty with the station's equipment and I am not above complaining about things that I get to use for free. There wasn't enough of "me" in this program, except for the technical and conceptual mistakes. I'll post this, we'll forget them, and move on.
U_D_M playlist, 2019 June 29, 1900-2000:
- "Jupiter Slack" | Juju & Jordash | Slack Trax, Vol. 2 | Slack Trax
- "Vanishing Landscapes" | Mano Le Tough | Cocoon Compilation R | Cocoon
- "Blue Velvet" | Mr. Bizz | 10 YEARS OF SCI+TEC | SCI + TEC Vinyl Audio
- "Laid On Coco" | Törsh | ¿Tienes Fuego? | Zissou Records
- "At Night" | Anthony Fade | What I Need | Lost Palms
- "Visions" | Fort Romeau | Heaven & Earth | Permanent Vacation
- "Rescue" | John Daly | It's All Around You | Couldn't Care More
- "People Mambo" | Fred und Luna | Im Tanzrausch - EP | Compost
- "Sakura" | Simon Scott | Soundings | Touch
C'est moi, Guy LeBatard, back here with you once more. I cannot help but notice how the tables have turned! When last I posted, it was because the impatient Kid Catharsis shamed and hounded me into sharing a broadcast. And now he is slowing things down (though I must ask, as always, relative to what?). Anyway, the time for trash talk is over. Let us dance, or run on the treadmill, or whatever we do with these sounds.
For some, this may have been a summer of disaster or upheaval, but as I live a vacation lifestyle all the time these things never touch me. I was in good form on this night, "ESPN" notwithstanding. We disavow these gaffes; we are a different person every day. The energies act upon us for a while, we are gone, we were never here.
U_D_M playlist, 2019 June 22, 1900-2000:
- "Eye of Re" | Fort Romeau | Heaven & Earth | Permanent Vacation
- "Aluxes" | Iñigo Vontier | Aluxes EP | Lumiere Noire
- "Still Grey - DJ Seinfeld Mix" | Pendulum | The Reworks | Earstorm
- "Plus Loin" | Unnayanaa ft. Erika Lernot | India Gets Physical Vol. 01 | Get Physical
- "This One's For You" | Kassian | Faux Polynesia | Phonica White
- "Smiling Into Eternity" | Genius of Time | Peace Bird EP | Running Back
- "Risa" | Lorenz Rhode | Risa EP | Dirt Crew
- "Everything Is Nice" | Sharif Laffrey | Tangier | ESP Institute
- "Hotness - DJ Oyster Edit" | TNT | Analogue Acid Project 3 | Running Back
It's all around you
Guy LeBatard checking in once again. Kid Catharsis tells me, with no subtext whatsoever, that I am "clogging the pipeline" of new episodes he wants to post. Never mind that said episodes are barely "newer" than this one, but it is true, I must be shamed or whipped into productivity. So here, please find attached a sonic excursion I made just prior to Thanksgiving. The last time out, I did promise another outing. You can call me a flake, but I am no liar.
In retrospect this episode starts off a bit rhythm heavy, even for me. But I am resolved never to be disappointed, so it is just an observation. For those of you who love melodic techno, things get "sweeter" toward the end of the program. "More Sugar," indeed. I even manage to rep Montreal in this broadcast. I must have been full of the holiday spirit.
But that's all finished. I am off to new adventures, for now.
U_D_M playlist, 2018 November 17, 1900-2000:
- "Zhivago Zhivago - Khidja Dub" | Jonny Sender | Jonny Sender EP | Codek
- "Fantasy" | John Heckle | Cocoon Compilation R | Cocoon
- "Into the Wild - Black Loops Remix" | Ponty Mython | Tropic of Capricorn (The Remixes) | Wewillalwaysbealovesong
- "Dawn" | Locked Groove | Kompakt: Total 17 | Kompakt
- "Last Minute Man" | Axefield | Pressure Drop | Atomnation
- "Forgive Me" | Gui Boratto | Kompakt: Total 18 | Kompakt
- "Red" | Robert Babicz | Red EP | Selador
- "More Sugar" | Physical Therapy | More Sugar | Sounds of Beaubien Ouest
Guy LeBatard here, and pace my most recent signoff, I did not wind up in prison. Of course we are "always already" imprisoned by dead time, try as we might to escape it. So as we approach the "dark" time of year, the likelihood of my appearance increases. Here I am, drifting through Ithaca once again, stealing airtime from the ongoing WRFI concern and hopefully putting it to good use with (still!) the only program of this kind. This program felt so good that I decided to lay in wait for another opportunity. But that is another story for another day. Perhaps we can read it together from the giant almanac of stories, over a nice bottle of wine. Which will, of course, also be stolen.
U_D_M playlist, 2018 October 27, 1900-2000:
- "Everybody" | Obas Nenor | Warm Yellow Stickers | Nenorion
- "Camouflage" feat. Ann Weller | Fabian Dikof | Who | Best Works
- "Disco Puff" | Signal St | Late Night Games EP | House-Puff
- "Moving In This Way" | Gene Tellem | Who Says No | Sounds of Beaubien Ouest
- "Time As a River" | Voiski | Dekmantel 10 Years 07 | Dekmantel
- "Always Disko" | Jurgen Paape | Kompakt: Total 17 | Kompakt
- "Circular Verisimilitude" | Ugly Drums | Hold Back to Block EP | Le Petit Zoo
- "Over Water" | Fort Romeau | Compilation 05 | Correspondant
- "Affetto - Gerd Janson Precious Hall Remix" | Stijn Sadee | Affetto | Kitjen
into the wild
Ah well ah well ah well ah well. Husker du? It is I, Guy, having changed my mind about never doing this radio thing again. I am drifting through the "strongman" countries this summer and it is the United States's turn, so here I am in "lovely" Ithaca and crashing into the lives of the Catharsis family. If you ask me, they could use a bit more chaos, and I am just the man. Don't get used to this--a regular program is an "anchor" to Kid C and it is to me--the difference is that we feel differently about anchors. Do try to savor this brief time we have together, but for goodness' sake don't do it passively. Make use of this soundtrack--as an alarm clock, a gift to your downstairs neighbors, a soundtrack to lovemaking or some other kind of mindless hedonism. Don't disappoint me and work out to it or something like that. I am counting on you, dear listener.
Until next time, assuming I don't wind up in jail somewhere.
U_D_M playlist, 2018 August 4, 1900-2000:
- "Esperanza - David Morales Red Zone Mix" | Luciano & David Morales | Esperanza | Cadenza
- "Put On Your Red Shoes and Trance" | Deadbeat | Our Rotten Roots | Echocord Colour
- "1-4 Doctor C'est Chouette" | Laurent Garnier | Speicher 95 - Tribute EP | Kompakt
- "The Phoenix Part 1" | Marquis Hawkes | The Phoenix | Aus Music
- "Objective" | Patrick Vano | Industrealized | Mo's Ferry
- "008A" | Pattern Repeat | Pattern Repeat 08 | Pattern Repeat
turn off your mind
SHEDDING STEWARDSHIP of the Bombastic web archive, it is I, Guy LeBatard, with what is my last ever transmission, for now. Whether I knew it at the time doesn't matter, but it sounds like I did. Boring as it already was to push these sausages through the tube on schedule, apparently the following Sunday was "another dreadful day of sunlight and warmth," so I ghosted. I wonder if Captain Halcyon did a program, but it's not my responsibility. This transmission is "good" where it needs to be and "bad" where it is meant to be. Since there are no endings in nature, and we lack the bravery to face those we construct, let's say that someday I may return spontaneously. kid catharsis has a phrase about this that he is saving for his own time, so as a grudging bourgeois gesture in recognition of his hospitality, I will not steal it.
U_D_M playlist, 2017 February 19, 1700-1800:
- "Frankfurt Advice - Heretic Remix" | Andrew Weatherall | Consolamentum | Rotter's Golf Club
- "Keep Pushin - Session Victim Remix" | Boris Dlugosch | Hamburg Elektronisch 3 | Hafendisko
- "Moqui Marble" | Bjorn Storig | 10 Years Stil Vor Talent Presented By Oliver Koletzki | Stil Vor Talent
- "Hang Out" | Steven Wobblejay | Hang Out EP | Quintessentials
- "Narcotic Luv" | Javi Redondo | Correspondant Compilation 04 | Correspondant
- "Overview Effect - Luke Hess Remix" | Richard Fearless | Overview Effect Remixes | Drone
- "Room(s)" | The Friend | Balearic Fisting / Fuck Sunsets | Clan Destine
- "Decade" | Thyladomid | 10 Years Diynamic | DIYnamic
- "Floating Pressure" | Niko Schwind | 10 Years Stil Vor Talent Presented By Oliver Koletzki | Stil Vor Talent
conduct around constructs
STILL IN CONTROL of the Bombastic web archive, it is I, Guy LeBatard, whether you like it or not. If not, make your own adventures. This broadcast did happen on a "dark afternoon"--sadly my appointed time of day was becoming brighter and brighter, and my brief season of transmitting was nearing its end. But this is a good program, suitable for whatever! Vertical, orizzontal, diagonal, your activities may vary. A technical note: I didn't know and couldn't decide how to pronounce Ryan Crosson's name, but on reflection I do prefer "croissant." Ryan--I do not love you because you are tasty; you are tasty because I love you. Think on this.
U_D_M playlist, 2017 February 12, 1700-1800:
- "Bambi Hands" | Ryan Crosson | MDRNTY001 | MDRNTY
- "I Don't Want To Watch You Read - The Golden Filter Remix" | Marc Houle | Silver Siding EP | Innervisions
- "Orizzonte" | Luca Ballerini | Dots & Pearls 3 | Coccon
- "Abstract of Expression" | The Durutti Column | Fidelity | Les Disques du Crepuscule
- "E" | Prins Thomas | Principe Del Norte | Smalltown Supersound
- "Screaming With A Blocked Nose" | Arnaldo | Psychic Advisor | Smallville
- "E to E - Ge-Ology Remix feat MdCL" | Adesse Versions | Push It Along EP | Heist
- "Waiting Ground" | Frank & Tony | Waiting Ground | Scissor & Thread
i love narcotics