"Who’s listening?" I wonder out loud in my notes to this program. So much of the time on the radio I actually want to be "alone," at least left to my own devices. Sometimes the isolation gets to me and this must have been one of those times. Was I having some kind of premonition, or advance feeling of what the next 14 months would be like?
Strangely this program seems "authentic" even though it is heavily Spotify-driven. It saddens me on a couple of levels to listen, but perhaps it will do you or someone else good.
Looking at the playlist very little of it connects or makes sense or reflects commitment, except for Primal Scream covering Roky Erickson of all things. And how many times can I play that?
Since this program was broadcast, 420 days ago now, I've gone "on the air" 58 times. I have delivered 52 pre-recorded episodes on account of the pandemic. It's getting easier to do this again, a bit less embarrassing as I pick through the mess.
BOMBAST playlist, 2020 February 19, 2100-2300:
- "Slip Inside This House" | Primal Scream | Screamadelica | Creation / Sire
- "Desperate Mantra" | Fallende | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Coolie" | Sarathy Korwar | Coolie | Leaf
- "Sweet Salts 2" | SJ Tequilla | Sanya | Craigie Knowes
- "Akayan Ekassa" | Sir Victor Uwaifo | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Alpha Blueprint Signal" | Abjective | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Dancing Time" | The Funkees | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Craggie Helm" | The Three Mothers | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Temperature's Rising" | Galaxie 500 | Today [reissue] | 20|20|20
- "Roswell Sunset" | Legendary Pink Dots | Legendary Pink Dots' Christmas Special 2019 | self-released
- "When The Morning Comes" | The Claim | The New Industrial Ballads | A Turntable Friend
- "Inu Mimo" | Sina Bakare | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Waakaa Helaa (I Like You)" | Fadumo Qassim & Shareero | Mogadisco - Dancing Mogadishu (Somalia 1972-1991) | Analog Africa
- "Drowning" | The English Beat | Beat This! The Best Of The English Beat | Go-Feet / London
- "Sinewe - l'Eglise de Tominia" | Mamadou Kelly | Les Bateaux | Claremont
- "In The Clouds" | dayflower | petal drops | self-released
- "It's Never Alright" | Ramleh | It's Never Alright / Kerb Krawler | Fourth Dimension
- "I'll Make You Sorry" | Screaming Females | Hugs for Chelsea: benefit for Chelsea Manning | not on label
- "The Pontiac" | Tom Waits | Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards | Anti- / Epitaph | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Illimite" | Sainte Anne | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Sweet Love" | Samuel Jonathan Jackson | My Music | Be With
- "Bounce (elevators)" | NNYz? | Reveries | self-released
- "Sunkwa" | Gyedu-Blay Ambolley | 11th Street, Sekondi | Agogo
- "Ifa" | Tunji Oyelana & The Benders | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Yamona - Detroit Swindle Remix" | Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band | Yamona (Detroit Swindle Remix) | Strut
- "Life" | Moneyman And The Super 5 International | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Time Catch" | Kri Tik | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
Maybe getting somewhere doesn't seem like a lot