Wednesday is my day of healing: first therapy, and then this. My therapist thinks my dj hobby is creativity. I think it is self-expression at best. I have never believed that djs are artists or that spinning and mixing records is a performance. I have done art and I have done performance; I may do these things again, god help us all. But for reasons of trauma those are in the past.
There is plenty of new trauma unfolding in the present. Work was not going well at the time of this broadcast. I was feeling inadequate and afraid to show up as myself. Little did I know what kind of blessing the pandemic would be in this regard.
The program is my one arena for seeming and feeling competent. Listening back to the programs from this time, I do wonder what any of it has to do with "the self." I think that has gotten better, but you'll have to wait.
Since this program was broadcast, 416 days ago now, I've gone "on the air" 58 times. I have delivered 53 pre-recorded episodes on account of the pandemic. At long last I have set up my voice-over mic and preamp in my new house. I am accepting the new reality by and by, probably just in time for it to end.
BOMBAST playlist, 2020 February 26, 2100-2300:
- "The Feeling" | Orlando Voorn | The Feeling | Bosh
- "I Can't Get Along Without You - Instrumental" | Vance and Suzzanne | I Can't Get Along Without You | Kalita
- "Hope Reminds Me Of Her" | Hadone | The World of Monnom Black II | Monnom Black
- "Maze Exit" | Brioskj | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Hoobeya (Somali Traditional Chant)" | Shimaali & Killer | Mogadisco - Dancing Mogadishu (Somalia 1972-1991) | Analog Africa
- "Worried Man" | Jeb Loy Nichols | Cash Covered | Mojo Magazine
- "Dan Asher - King Britt Mudd Club Mix" | Gray | Shades of... Anthology | Ubiquity
- "Keep Out" | Nominalbeat | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Status" | Midnight Embassy | Midnight Embassy | International Major Label
- "Ire Africa" | Chief Checker | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Suck It Like a Whistle" | Sneaks | Highway Hypnosis | Merge
- "Let Dreamer's Dream (Daydream)" | Vince Watson | DnA - EP1 | Everysoul
- "Homesick" | I Kill Kane | Disintegration Revisited | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "ADA" | NNYZ? | Reveries | self-released
- "Call Me Anything (But Call Me)" | Maggie Sue Wimberly | Hillbilly Fillies & Rockin' Chicks | Charly | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Oxford Guitar Club" | Lloyd Meadows | Oxford Synthesizer Club | The Beautiful Music
- "Fell from the Sun" | Kendra Smith, David Roback, Keith Mitchell | Fell From The Sun | Serpent
- "Coincidence" | Fallende | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Shaleedayaa (By Myself)" | Dur-Dur Band | Mogadisco - Dancing Mogadishu (Somalia 1972-1991) | Analog Africa
- "Onipa" | Onipa | Onipa / Makoma | Strut
- "African Dialects" | Peter King | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Kele Bila (Stop Fighting)" | Mr Raoul K | African Paradigm | Compost
- "Amino Acids" | Hardwired | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Happy Survival" | Ifeanyi Eddie Okwedy & His Maymores Dance Band | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "2d Objects" | Jabber | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
I've killed everybody, now what