It seems a lifetime ago, but at some point in early-mid June I was scheduled to do a show on a Saturday evening, but I was meant not to. I don't mean to alarm anyone, but ever since then my programs have been a bit...erratic. This was the first such program.
Retreating into the familiar territory of the Volume series felt good; honestly, though, I never thought I would inhabit this place. I felt things took a downward turn at around issue 6, but it's probably 1993's fault and not the publication's.
"The Mirror" is probably my soundtrack for the summer and beyond, in case you were wondering. No? Well, you're welcome, regardless.
BOMBAST playlist, 2016 June 15, 2100-2300:
- "Working Hard Or Hardly Working" | Killdozer | Volume Six | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "No-one Driving" | The Soft Moon | He's a Liquid | Metamatic
- "Ova Nova" | Underworld | Barbara Barbara, we face a shining future | Astralwerks
- "92 Degrees" / "Land's End" | Siouxsie & The Banshees | Classic Album Selection Volume Two | Polydor
- "The Mirror" | Gnod | Mirror | Rocket
- "One Tribe" | The Drum Club | Volume Six | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Such Great Heights" | Vincenzo | Hamburg Elektronisch 3 | hafendisko
- "Break It You Buy It" | Little Annie | Trace | Tin Angel
- "Ultraviolet Love Scene" | Loom | European Heartache | Gobstopper
- "Also With You" | Unmen | Volume Six | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Saturn Inc." | Drab Majesty | Completely Careless: 2012-2015 | Dais
- "Closing Distance" | Robin Lee | The Delaware Road | Buried Treasure
- "Downer" | Lush | Origami | 4AD
- "Keepsake" | Senseless Things | Volume Six | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "International" | Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark | Dazzle Ships (Live at the Museum of Liverpool) | White Noise
- "My Machines (featuring Gary Numan)" | Battles | Gloss Drop | WARP
- "The Protectors" | Mikael Seifu | Zelalem | Rvng Int'l
- "Cut Throat (Remix)" | Ultra Vivid Scene | Volume Six | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Star 6 & 7 8 9" | The Orb | The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld [reissue] | WAU! Mr. Modo - Island
- "Why Not" | good guy mikesh | Cookies EP | Spiel
- "Keep Moving On" | Gallon Drunk | Volume Six | Volume | "Physical Evidence"
- "Ardent" | Kangding Ray | Ardent / Swallows | Stroboscopic Artefacts
discordant limbs watch unimpressed