Here I am, I always am. This first show of 2015 was always going to be more of a hodge-podge than usual, seeing as I had little time, for some reason, to put it together, and frankly, I'm a little tired! But when you play 34-minute tracks [award yourself a croix de Bombast, by the way] that leaves you fewer segues to flub, not that I didn't make a heroic effort. This new tic I have developed, starting the first song half-way through, is a nice personal touch. I'm always chasing the next thing.
Aside from the "exclusives" / "forthcomings" from the Factory Benelux disc, most of these songs were things I'd sat on for a long time, unable to find "proper" contexts for them. Especially Snuff Crew (I do picture them as these two Restoration dudes in justaucorps, sipping hot chocolate and comparing snuff boxes--what, do you think the band name refers to something else?). It's been a while since I've done a proper "overflow" program, and probably will be a while again, so I hope you enjoy this one.
Still, it's about time for a really good program, don't you think?
BOMBAST playlist, 2015 January 1, 2100-2300:
- "Gimmie Gimmie" | The Dub Club | Foundation Come Again | Stones Throw
- "The Hunter (Stephen Morris Mix)" | Marnie | Sampler (et Sans Reproche) | Factory Benelux | "Physical Evidence"
- "Karadeniz" | Karl Hector & The Malcouns | Unstraight Ahead | Now-Again
- "Peel B" | VD [Votive Deposite] | Dedication Tone | Locative
- "Walk Don't Run" | Los Straitjackets | Deke Dickerson Sings The Great Instrumental Hits | Yep Rock
- "Want Fi Goh Rave" | Linton Kwesi Johnson | Di Eagle An Di Bear | Righteous Reggae
- "Mange" | Brian Harris | Behind the Mask | Soundcloud self-release
- "You Don't Know" | Mode | Play the Game | Codek
- "Microgroove" | Section 25 | Sampler (et Sans Reproche) | Factory Benelux | "Physical Evidence"
- "Zeppelin Race" | Moonpunk | not on album | Bandcamp self-release
- "Prejoy - Barbaric Splendour Version" | The Asphodells | Correspondant Compilation 02 | Correspondant
- "Midwatch 1953" | The Fall | The Unutterable | Let Them Eat Vinyl
- "What Did Your Last Servant Die Of?" | The Wedding Present | George Best [reissue] | Edsel
- "Lights" | Snuff Crew | Behind the Masks | BPitch Control
- "Atomium Sunrise" | Blaine Reininger | Sampler (et Sans Reproche) | Factory Benelux | "Physical Evidence"
- "Bring The Sun / Toussaint L'Ouverture" | Swans | To Be Kind | Young God
- "Wobby Bomack" | The Invisible Girls | Sampler (et Sans Reproche) | Factory Benelux | "Physical Evidence"
next time: The Hall of Legends! Enjoy the music. --kid catharsis