Physical Evidence returns on this outing in the form of The Times, about which more soon. Little did I know at the time that this would be the penultimate Physical Evidence, but so it would. More about that...in a later diary entry, I guess. Back to the episode at hand: this is pretty good, not great, and hella...dynamic, I guess. Kudos to Ed Ball for not compressing the dickens out of himself. I'm not even sure what I mean.
I remember buying this Times record in the summer of 1996, coming across it online right around the time I discovered that you could use the internet to buy records. I don't remember whether I was slow to that realization or not. But everything was slow back then. Somehow I purchased Beat Torture and 23 Skidoo's Seven Songs in the same order. It was ever thus! This was also right around the time I made the decision that I would try to get in shape, or at least be a bit less fat than I was. (Why on earth I make this connection I don't know, but I do.) 22 years later...I'm still trying. I've been thinking a lot lately about bodies and why they cause us so much grief, and doing so without many epiphanies, I have to say. Sadly, that too has always been the case.
BOMBAST playlist, 2018 June 13, 2100-2300:
- "Tiny Foldable Cities - Edit" | Orbital | Tiny Foldable Cities | ACP
- "Godevil" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Squid Balls" | Wild Zeros | Motormouth E.P | Nerve Centre
- "Un coq a esculape" | Lyonel Bauchet | Tone Science: Module No. 1 Structure and Forces | DiN
- "Heaven Sent Me An Angel" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Moral Autonomy" | Kohl | Learned Ethics / Imposed Ethics | Umor-Rex
- "X-ALT" | Suuns | Felt | Secretly Canadian
- "Scarlet and Sapphire" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Tinnitus Lullaby" | The National Jazz Trio of Scotland | Standards Vol. IV | Karaoke Kalk
- "Metsa" | Etherwood | In Stillness | Med School Music
- "psyfi" | Captain Wardrobe | Kronosphere | self-released
- "Chelsea Green" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Arcangel's Thunderbird" | The Breeders | All Nerve | 4AD
- "Delirium - Conduct Remix" | Blu Mar Ten | Empire State (Remixes) | Blu Mar Ten
- "Uni Blue" | alva noto | Unieqav | Noton
- "I'll Be Your Volunteer" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Hypnagogo" | Solipsism | Hypnagogo | Ambidextrous
- "Mirrors" | PTTRNS | Material Und Geschichte | Altin Village & Mine
- "Persephone" | Cocteau Twins | Treasure [reissue] | 4AD
- "Dakini" | The Veldt | Thanks to the Moth and Areanna Rose | self-released
- "First Time" | BAKGROUND | First Time | E-Beamz
- "Idiot Joy Showland (Peel Session)" | The Fall | The Fontana Years | UMC / Fontana
- "It Had To Happen" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Shavit" | Xen & Yovav | Etmol Hayom | Malka Tuti
- "Major Magnus" | Le Millipede | The Sun Has No Money | Alien Transistor
- "On The Peace Line" | The Times | Beat Torture | Creation | "Physical Evidence"
- "Futur Parle" | Essaie Pas | New Path | DFA
- "Tangent" | Ekman | Tangent | Bedouin
- "Apsurt" | Oliver Deutschmann | Lost In A Loop EP | Mote Evolver
If we could all resist