The chronological mess that is "podcasting" enables me to draw connections between these programs that happen "in the moment" and things that transpire later. As I write this, the transmission contained herein is 8 days old, but a funny thing happened just last night, when I was doing a program that will appear here...sometime soon. Miss Andrea asked, "What is 'Physical Evidence?' Is it a label or something?"
It ought to be, shouldn't it? I feel there's at least one original thing that's happened on this program that would work really well as a record, but it's not for me to decide. But I don't think I'd be such a good label boss. I would probably have to do the Guernica thing, but it's already been done; I don't like thinking about money & am therefore terrible with it, so some Factory-esque boondoggles and a farcical collapse would be inevitable.
Also I wouldn't live up to the feature, that is to say it wouldn't bother me if the artists wanted their work on iTunes or Spotify or Tidal or whatever. But a better name hasn't occurred to me.
Life's a bit empty since I shed some responsibilities about a month ago. I seem to be looking for adventure in whatever comes my way. Fortunately there seems to be a Hall of Legends event on the horizon; I'm hoping that keeps me out of trouble.
BOMBAST playlist, 2015 July 8, 2100-2300:
- "Colored Hearts" | Birdstriking | Birdstriking | A Recordings
- "Cosm" | ASC | Imagine the Future | Samurai
- "Me And My Girl" | The Zounds | Last of the Garage Punk Unknowns, Vol. 4 | Crypt
- "Cygne" | Turzi | C | Record Makers
- "Bootsy" | A Certain Ratio | Greetings Four | Materiali Sonori | "Physical Evidence"
- "Olympic Mess" | Helm | Olympic Mess | PAN
- "Decoy Point (Live on Northey Island)" | Ultramarine | not on album | Soundcloud self-release
- "Regatta De Blanc (Regatta De Dub)" | DubXanne | The Police in Dub | Echo Beach
- "Adrenalin lasst der Blut kochen" | Der Plan | Kollektion 04 - Bureau B (Compiled by Richard Fearless) | Bureau B
- "Inside" | A Certain Ratio | Greetings Four | Materiali Sonori | "Physical Evidence"
- "Dream Memory" | Ken Camden | Dream Memory | Kranky
- "Starship Africa Pt. 1" | Creation Rebel | An On-U Journey Through Time & Space | On-U Sound
- "Call Me Your Lover" | Mary Afi Usuah | Ekpenyong Abasi | Voodoo Funk
- "Artemis Rise" | Dalis Car | InGladAloneness | Kscope
- "Lamaj" | Brame & Hamo | Lamaj's Secret | Dirt Crew
- "Fever 103°" | A Certain Ratio | Greetings Four | Materiali Sonori | "Physical Evidence"
- "Drawn from the Scene of Crime" | Cobblestone Jazz | Northern Lights | Itiswhatitis
- "Mental Jazz" | Eduardo de la Calle | Analog Grooves #4 | Mental Groove
- "The Runner" | A Certain Ratio | Greetings Four | Materiali Sonori | "Physical Evidence"
- "15" | Gregor Schnitzler | Kollektion 04 - Bureau B (Compiled by Richard Fearless) | Bureau B
- "Goldfinger" | Byron Lee & The Dragonaires | Uptown Top Ranking | VP
exploiting the hell out of the back catalogue.