Sometimes I cannot explain why or how I do this, except to suggest that maybe it is either a way of staying tethered to reality or as a performance of normativity and calm. There is probably a little of both in this program. I don't know what it is about the "ides" of December or thereabouts, but it has a way of ushering me into some new, toxic phase of life. This year did not disappoint. Maybe, on this particular night, I decided that instead of being too upset to do radio, I was too upset not to do radio.
Or maybe it was a holiday-related chance to play Half Man Half Biscuit. That too seems to make sense, in hindsight. What a crazy time this must have been. I have already repressed most of it, though the body seems to remember. For extra difficulty I crammed three dozen tracks into this broadcast. Guilt and shame, my therapist tells me, are major forces in my life.
BOMBAST playlist, 2016 December 17, 2100-2300:
- "The Dawn Breaking Crystals" | Resonance | Light Continuum | El Hombre Bala
- "No More Dreams II" | 1991 | No More Dreams | No More Dreams
- "Young Narrator In The Breakers" | Pavo Pavo | Young Narrator In The Breakers | Bella Union
- "Destination Highrise" | Dubkasm meets Iration Steppas | CM4400 EP | Dubkasm
- "Musicawi Silt" | The Daktaris | Beyond Addis Vol.2 (Modern Ethiopian Dance Grooves Inspired by Swinging Addis) | Trikont
- "Arthur's Farm / All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit" | Half Man Half Biscuit | The Peel Sessions | Strange Fruit | "Physical Evidence"
- "Out There In The Dark" | Riyeh1 | Frequencies of the Mind III | Mindtrick
- "What You Do To Me" | Daydreams | TBTCI loves TFC | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "In the Jungle - Vocal Version" | The Hygrades | Wake Up You! The Rise and Fall of Nigerian Rock, Vol. 2 (1972-1977) | Now-Again
- "These Sounds" | Keith Leblanc | Sherwood At The Controls Volume 2: 1985-1990 | On-U Sound
- "Corolla" | Soft Grid | Corolla | Antime
- "El Casino Royale" | Lynn Tait & The Jets | First Class Rock Steady | VP
- "Old Tige" | Half Man Half Biscuit | The Peel Sessions | Strange Fruit | "Physical Evidence"
- "Splash" | Camberwell Now | The EP Collection | Modern Classics
- "The One" | Magic Castles | Starflower | A Recordings
- "PR Theme" | Cowtown | Paranormal Romance | Hot Salvation
- "The Stage Says No" | Matt Christensen | Honeymoons | Miasmah
- "Can't Feel My Soul" | Churrus | TBTCI loves TFC | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Helicat" | Second Storey | Bismuth | Houndstooth
- "D'y Ken Ted Moult?" | Half Man Half Biscuit | The Peel Sessions | Strange Fruit | "Physical Evidence"
- "3415" | Waterhouse | Empty Gallery EP | Decisions
- "Rock a Tone Dub" | Errol Brown | Orthodox Dub | Dub Store
- "El Salvador" | The Milkshakes | After School Session | Upright
- "The Trumpton Riots" | Half Man Half Biscuit | The Peel Sessions | Strange Fruit | "Physical Evidence"
- "Untitled" | The Fashion Focus | The Cure in Other Voices | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Fake Health" | Katie Dey | Flood Network | Joy Void
- "SaturdayNiteDrive" | Seekers International | LoversDedicationStation | Bokeh Versions
- "Subconscious" | SB-SIX | Frequencies of the Mind III | Mindtrick
- "Tiutiunnyk - Live in Manchester" | The Ukrainians | Evolutsiya | Eastblok
- "Push" | The Dead Suns | The Cure in Other Voices | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Portuguese Dream" | Fatso Jetson | Idle Hands | Heavy Psych Sounds
- "Leonardo's Formula" | Isan | Glass Bird Movement | Morr Music
- "Celebrated Summer" | Echodrone | These Important Years, Husker Du Revisited | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "The Weedy Burton" | The Cure | Three Imaginary Boys | Rhino
- "Sold" | HE3Dless | Frequencies of the Mind III | Mindtrick
- "Holdgaze - Legiac Remix" | Funckarma | Frequencies of the Mind III | Mindtrick
You Drift Until You Brutalize