It was good timing that William DeVaughn's "Be Thankful" had been reissued, because I was feeling thankful on this night. I was feeling so much thankfulness, I guess, that I needed to play three versions of it. Or maybe that is just my craving for repetition. Anyway, that happened, and somewhere in the mess Cavern of Anti-Matter manifested itself as well A special evening!
I've taken on new work, you see, that at least part of the time allows me to exist in this century, and not some far-off time. It's quite refreshing! This century is actually pretty decent.
As I write this the Senior Catharses are in town. Grandpa Catharsis was trying to remember the other night which WRFI personalities he'd met. He remembered Jim Murphy, which is a good memory to retain, and somehow blocked out our accidental encounter with tinfoil-hat-wearing, rabbit-hole dwelling "outside the box" thinker Joey Dugan when he slept through half of his show this one time. I'm jealous. I remember all of that, and meanwhile I've got whole chunks of years that I can't remember. It's not fair. I'm withholding some of my gratitude--sorry, Oprah--until I get the obliviousness I deserve.
BOMBAST playlist, 2016 May 4, 2100-2300:
- "Mind Sweep" | Dan Curtin | Galaxies Merging EP | EPM
- "Spirit Beat" | No Zu | Afterlife | Chapter Music
- "In Fear of Fear" | Bauhaus | Mask [reissue] | Beggars Banquet - Hostess
- "Hi-Hats Bring The Hiss (Hieroglyphic Being Remix)" | Cavern of Anti-Matter | Void Versions | Duophonic | "Physical Evidence"
- "A2" | Prins Thomas | Principe Del Norte | Smalltown Supersound
- "Doin' A Little Time" | Jealousy | Paid For It | Moniker
- "Be Thankful For What You Got" | Massive Attack | Blue Lines | Wild Bunch / Virgin
- "Intro (Walking Unobserved)" | Hunter / Game | Adaptation | Kompakt Extra
- "Heisenberg (The Sight Below Remix)" | Port-Royal | You Ware Nowhere | N5MD
- "Breeding Space" | African Head Charge | Environmental Studies | On-U Sound
- "Be Thankful for What You Got" | William DeVaughn | Be Thankful for What You Got | Fever Dream
- "Celestrial Voyage" | Dennis Young | Wave (Electronic Music 1984-1988) | Bureau B
- "All Night Party" | Anne Clark | Changing Places | Red Flame
- "Life" | Karl Bartos | Life | Trocadero
- "Bajeer" | Pampered Fists | A Warmer Welcome | digitalDIZZY
- "Void Beat (Karen Gwyer Remix)" | Cavern of Anti-Matter | Void Versions | Duophonic | "Physical Evidence"
- "Twit" | Monoslapper | The Delaware Road | Buried Treasure
- "Answering Machine" | The Replacements | Let It Be | Twin/Tone
- "February 8th" | Flying Saucer Attack | Chorus [reissue] | Drag City
- "Saudade" | The Durutti Column | Amigos Em Portugal | Durutti
- "Green Onions" | Booker T. & The M.G.'s | Green Onions | Rumble
- "Tomb Song (variant)" | Fossil Aerosol Mining Project | A Warmer Welcome | digitalDIZZY
- "Names and Numbers" | Express Rising | Fixed Rope | Numero Group
- "Conscious Dub (Instrumental Version)" | Illbilly Hitec | Reggae Not Dead | Echo Beach
- "Nocturne" | Molecule | 981mb | Because Music
- "OooRr (inside)" | nobodisoundz | A Warmer Welcome | digitalDIZZY
- "Be Thankful" | Bunny Clarke | Shocks of Mighty | Attack
- "Dubbing In The Back Seat" | The Upsetters | Shocks of Mighty | Attack
- "Que" | Asterion | The Delaware Road | Buried Treasure
it's my direction