I suppose it is a mark of "professionalism" that a couple of raging "backstage dramas" at the station remained backstage during what was otherwise a pretty good show. The burden of the "performer," however, is that both onstage and backstage events combine to form a memory of the evening. I felt quite weird while doing this show, and would probably always be reminded of it when I listened.
Who am I kidding? I never have time to listen to these recordings more than once. Anyway, as I suggested, the music's quality was high this week, as we had Bombast Hall of Legends inductees Stereolab in the "Physical Evidence" segment and a cornucopia of wonderful new releases filling out the rest of the program. Musically, it was a good week.
I had another lengthy, thoughtful dissertation planned, but screw that. Life is busy. I am now, suddenly, a member of the WRFI Board of Directors. I don't know what I have gotten myself into. Stereolab good, drama bad. There is your commentary. You are welcome.
Oh, but there is some bad news. Somehow, in a week in which other aspects of "data management" went really well, I accidentally deleted the sound file from the program. [Yes, it really was an accident--I am not being sarcastic.] So I guess I am not to be tormented, except in my own head. And--bonus for you--here is an opportunity for you to catch up on one of the other fine programs available on the website.
BOMBAST playlist, 2013 March 6, 8:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Deathfix: "Better than Bad" [Dischord]
- Weird Guilders: "Sentimental Journey" [Rush Hour]
- Autechre: "jatevee C" [Warp]
- Tony Allen: "Ariya Revisited" [Comet]
- Stereolab: "Low Fi" [Too Pure] / "Physical Evidence"
- Ludwig Amadeus Horzon and Peaches: "Me My Shelf and I" [Martin Hossbach]
- Lee "Scratch" Perry and ERM: "Capricorn" [Rubis Management]
- Tom Dissevelt: "Syncopation" [Trunk]
- FaltyDL: "She Sleeps (Gang Gang Dance Remix)" [Ninja Tune]
- Stereolab: "(Varoom!)" [Too Pure] / "Physical Evidence"
- Doldrums: "Sunrise" [Souterrain]
- Fréhel: "Si tu n'étais pas là" [Victoires / Virgin] / "Listening Parlour"
- B/B/S: "Gather Part 1" [Miasmah]
- Stereolab: "Laissez-faire" [Too Pure] / "Physical Evidence"
- Permanent Makeup: "Don't Self-Destruct" [New Granada]
- Boris: "Cosmos [Parts 1-3]" [Invada]
- Stereolab: "Elektro (he held the world in his iron grip)" [Too Pure] / "Physical Evidence"
- Frikstailers: "Cumbianchamuyo" [ZZK]
- Chico Mann: "El Paragua" [Soundway]
- Fredda: "Constant" [Le Pop Musik]
- Wayne Hancock: "Ride" [Bloodshot]
- The KVB: "Human" [Cititrax]
- Deux: "Ministry of Love" [Minimal Wave]
- Edith Piaf: "Non, je ne regrette rien" [Columbia] / "Listening Parlour"
Next week: let's just try to get some audio up. thanks for your patience! --kid catharsis