I don't know if I was anyone's maple pecan on this night, but I was in good spirits. Having resolved to speak more words, I powered through unexpected frogs in the throat and impromptu references to people such as "Dennis Provell." I insisted multiple times, without actually knowing, that Y Records was "out of Bristol"--this turned out to be true!--and that people "didn't like" The Birth of the Y (I have no idea about this other than what I've concluded from seeing this record, ready to be had for the price of a cheap cocktail, just about everywhere). How I wound up with this record in my collection, not thoroughly enjoying it myself for many years, until just now, I really couldn't tell you. But there it is. You're welcome.
This morning I sat with Catharsis Junior as she finished a homework assignment. She was mired in self-criticism and paralysis. I told her that she should just write fearlessly. It seems to have worked. So there is your free bit of wisdom for the day. Now, to learn how to follow my own advice.
BOMBAST playlist, 2016 September 14, 2100-2300:
- "Musical Mob" | Shenoda | Chromatics EP | Aus
- "Searching for a Feeling" | Maximum Joy | Birth of the Y | Y Records | "Physical Evidence"
- "In Your House" | The Infinite Seas | The Cure in Other Voices | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Turnover" | Evvolves | Steady Gaze of Nothing - A Reverence to Fugazi | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Infinite Floor" | Dylan Cameron | Infinite Floor | Holodeck
- "After the Romance" | Chris Reeves | Birth of the Y | Y Records | "Physical Evidence"
- "Silent Water" | Closing Eyes | Anticipating Nowhere, A Homage To The Telescopes | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Mantra de Sombras" | Dead Procession | Rituals e Mantras do Meodo + Demos | Dunkelheit Productions
- "Bali Ha'i" | Disconnection | Birth of the Y | Y Records | "Physical Evidence"
- "Remnants / Shadow Scheme" | Marconi Union | Ghost Stations | Just Music
- "Fates Unknown" | Tin Man, Josef K & Winter Son | Acid Test 11 | Acid Test
- "Amai Ndiwulule" | Ibibio Sound Machine | Beating Heart - Malawi | Beating Heart
- "Guns, Bombs, Handgrenades" | R.A.P.P. featuring Archie Poole | Birth of the Y | Y Records | "Physical Evidence"
- "Channel 10 - Live Dub" | Isan | Rough Imaginary | Home Normal
- "Acidalia" | Inland | Infrastructure Facticity | Infrastructure New York
- "Some Passions (Version)" | Colder | Goodbye | Bataille
- "The Presence of the Abnormal (Collapsing Circuit Mix)" | Oppenheimer Mk II | Another Nightmare | Peripheral Minimal
- "Acteon" | Vakula | Cyclicality Between Procyon and Gomesia | Dekmantel
- "Ungawa Pt. 2 (Way Out Guyana) Remix" | Pulsallama | Birth of the Y | Y Records | "Physical Evidence"
- "Little Boy Blue" | Pat Kelly | First Class Rock Steady | VP
- "StillUgly!" | Seekers International | LoversDedicationStation | Bokeh Versions
- "Lullaby" | Coloring Electric Like | The Cure in Other Voices | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Too Pieces" | Yaz | Upstairs At Eric's | Mute - Sire | "Listening Parlour"
- "Had to Have His Grass (Cloud Dub)" | Dubblestandart | Dub Realistic | Echo Beach
- "Rough Imaginary" | R Elizabeth | Rough Imaginary | Home Normal
- "Last Train To Ecstasy" | The Melodians | First Class Rock Steady | VP
- "Sorry, Somehow" | Monographic | These Important Years, Husker Du Revisited | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Island Charm" | Plantman | To the Lighthouse | Arlen
- "Go to a Mountain & Cry for a Vision" | Voiski | I'll Be Your Maple Pecan Tonight | Dekmantel
changing the minds of pretenders