Like The World's End, which I reference at some point in the program, this show takes us back to 1990-91, albeit inadvertently, and the Creation sound, which was dominant then. Teenage Fanclub supplies the "Physical Evidence" with a single too good to have been a promotional freebie, although that is what it was. [Does anyone else remember when SPIN Magazine named Bandwagonesque the best album of 1991, and everyone thought they were just trolling us in what was most assuredly Nirvana's year? Does anyone else now think they were on to something?] Lady Catharsis drops the tune that "began" Primal Scream as we now know them, and as they apparently want to be remembered. And the mighty Ride chime in with another reissued song from that golden time. Oh, and there's a bunch of high-quality new stuff too.
There's another song I really wanted to play, one that also uses that soundbite from Wild Angels, but it turns out that Mudhoney are pottymouths, so the best I can do is embed it here:
Also, if you don't get the Guy LeBatard reference, you need to be part of the Bombast facebook experience. You'll never miss a reference again!
BOMBAST playlist, 2013 October 2, 2100-2300:
- "What You Do to Me (Satan Version)" | Teenage Fanclub | What You Do to Me | DGC | "Physical Evidence"
- "Dance with Space Gypsy Queen" | Acid Mothers Temple & The Cosmic Inferno | Doobie Wonderland | Parallax
- "Motel Show" | Pierre Bachelet | Cosmic Machine | Because | "Junior Selector"
- "Paper and Pen" | The Dub Club | Foundation Come Again | Stones Throw
- "Loaded" | Primal Scream | Screamadelica | Creation - Sire | "Listening Parlour"
- "Teasel - tobias. remix" | Hiver | Blue Aconite | Curle
- "Dreary Town" | Nadine Shah | Love Your Dum and Mad | R & S - Apollo
- "Life's a Gas" | Teenage Fanclub | What You Do to Me | DGC | "Physical Evidence"
- "Lonely Ritournelle XIII" | rRoxymore | Precarious / Precious | Human Level
- "Be Right Too" | White Fence | White Fence | God?
- "Kaleidoscope - Psychemagik Remix" | Mirror People | Discotexas Picnic II | Discotexas
- "Maharishi Dug the Scene" | Teenage Fanclub | What You Do to Me | DGC | "Physical Evidence"
- "Privatise the Air" / "Privatise the Air Pt. 2" | Gary Clail & On-U Sound System | End of the Century Party | On-U Sound
- "Force" | Ozgur Can | Folkets Hus | We Manage With Love
- "Send the Ark - Daniel Padden Remix" | Guido Möbius | Though the Darkness Gathers | Karaoke Kalk
- "We Walk Around the Streets" | Colourbox | Colourbox | 4AD | "Listening Parlour"
- "Envoye (live)" | The Young Gods | The Young Gods | Two Gentlemen
- "Long Hair" | Teenage Fanclub | What You Do to Me | DGC | "Physical Evidence"
- "Dreams Burn Down" | Ride | Original Album Series | Rhino UK
- "Electric Guitar" | Talking Heads | Fear of Music | Sire - Rhino
- "The Magnificent Seven" | The Clash | Sandinista! | Sony UK
- "Like a Virgin" | Teenage Fanclub | What You Do to Me | DGC | "Physical Evidence"
next time: at long last, I genuinely have no idea. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
Share | Download(Loading)