By hook or by crook I wound up with an embarrassment of riches, "riches" meaning airtime that no one else wanted [I have never understood free-market economics] and "embarrassment" meaning 4 programs in a span of 5 days, beginning with this program on this day. I don't think there has been a week like this in the history of radio, if I may humbly say so, and it deserved its own special name, in Latin: SEPTIMANA MIRABILIS BOMBASTICUM. For a time I left days 6 and 7 of this miraculous week in the hands of fate, but sure enough, someone bailed out of a program on day 7, so it wound up being a grand total of 5 programs.
I would love to promise that my reign won't feature the caning of children to death, or even medium-scale kleptocracy, but I pride myself on truthfulness. Sure enough, roller derby ended half an hour ahead of schedule on this Saturday night, so here I am stealing more airtime. And, needless to say, USING IT WISELY.
I had meant to play Saqqara Dogs much earlier in my WRFI "tenure," but things happened. Better late than never, I hope? It seemed to work out here.
BOMBAST playlist, 2015 May 30, 2030-2300:
- "Cosmic Power" | Natural Magic | Natural Magic | Boomarm Nation
- "Egbe Mi" | West African Rhythm Brothers | Highlife on the Move: Selected Nigerian & Ghanaian Recordings from London & Lagos 1954-1966 | Soundway
- "Sister" | Saqqara Dogs | World Crunch | Pathfinder | "Physical Evidence"
- "Cold Killer / The Darkest Day / Head Musik / Moonstruck" | The Lucid Dream | The Lucid Dream | Holy Are You
- "Transience" | James Welburn | Hold | Miasmah
- "Kolor" | Mirko Loko | Kolor | Cadenza
- "Now U Talkin' Change, Huh?" | Fontarrian | VLV | Antime
- "Hymnin5" | Karl Hector & The Malcouns | Unstraight Ahead | Now-Again
- "Philip" | Rival Consoles | Odyssey / Sonne | Erased Tapes
- "Nailing Honey to the Bee" | The Brian Jonestown Massacre | Tepid Peppermint Wonderland Volume 2 | A Recordings
- "Outamachek" | Tamikrest | Taksera | Glitterbeat
- "Greenwich Mean Time" | Saqqara Dogs | World Crunch | Pathfinder | "Physical Evidence"
- "Pylon" | Lakker | Tundra | R & S
- "Adam Boyle Has Cast Lad Rock Aside" | Half Man Half Biscuit | Urge For Offal | Probe Plus
- "Brassneck" | The Wedding Present | Bizarro | Edsel
- "African Carnival" | Manu Dibango | Africadelic | Aurora
- "Batman Theme" | The Jam | In the City | Polydor [Japan]
- "Infinity Machines" | Gnod | Infinity Machines | Rocket
- "Shutdown" | Blind Idiot God | Before Ever After | Indivisible
- "Dense from Birth" | Saqqara Dogs | World Crunch | Pathfinder | "Physical Evidence"
- "Last Dance" | XXXY | Last Dance | Rinse
- "climb up eh" | Felicita | Frenemies | Gum
- "The Good Times Are Killing Me" | Thee Headcoats | The Good Times Are Killing Me | M'Lady's
- "Here Comes Everybody" | The Wake | Here Comes Everybody | Factory Benelux
- "Veira" | Dave DK | Val Maira | Kompakt
- "Across the Sky" | Saqqara Dogs | World Crunch | Pathfinder | "Physical Evidence"
- "Roundhouse Blues" | Les Big Byrd | Liquid Sky EP | Hoga Nord
next time: press this button for "postpunk." Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis