Most of the time, unless you have had a specific experience, you can't make judgments about what someone else having that experience conducts themselves. But at the same time, if you've had the experience, it teaches you that you can't judge anyway. I certainly had heard Still by Joy Division--and that awful moment in the live set where the keyboard runs out of batteries, or whatever happens to it--before I was in a band. But having been onstage while things went catastrophically wrong, I can no longer remember what I thought about that passage before. I only have access to what I think when I hear it now--"yes, that's a real thing." No doubt the Preston record is a similar listening experience, and probably will be for you, and is probably metaphoric w/ regard to the sloppiness of this program.
Thankfully it's been long enough since I listened to it that I can't identify the specific things that went wrong, but I'm sure they are still evident, if I wasn't so embarrassed as to cut them out. I don't think we've reached that point yet in our run of January programs, but I can promise you it's coming. I can say that the Senior Catharses were quite complimentary about this program, though. I suppose that's because of the Rootsman and Celtarabia, which is as good a guess as any.
BOMBAST playlist, 2015 January 20, 2100-2300:
- "Sparkle" | Blende | The Green Collection | Eskimo
- "Valley of the Kings" | The Rootsman Meets Celtarabia | Intifada / Valley of the Kings | Partial | "Physical Evidence"
- "Low Rider" | War | The Very Best of War | Avenue - Rhino | "Hall of Vengeance"
- "Heat" | The Brian Jonestown Massacre | "plus minus" EP | 'a'
- "British Summertime" / "Saratoga" | Ultramarine | Every Man And Woman Is A Star | Rough Trade
- "Something In The Way" | Tricky | Adrian Thaws | False Idols
- "It Makes The Room Look Bigger" | Half Man Half Biscuit | Saucy Haulage Ballads | Probe Plus
- "Valley of Dub" | The Rootsman Meets Celtarabia | Intifada / Valley of the Kings | Partial | "Physical Evidence"
- "Looking Inwardly" | The Chameleons | John Peel Sessions | Blue Apple
- "I Idolize You" | Gail Harris with The Wailers | Girls With Guitars | Ace
- "Prepare" | Pulshar | Blood & Mathematics | Desolat
- "Ghost Note" | Kraak & Smaak | The Green Collection | Eskimo
- "Climb That Tree" | She Trinity | Girls With Guitars | Ace
- "PF01" | Tuff City Kids | Parallel Forest EP | Internasjonal
- "Mesh" | New Order | 1981-Factus 8R-1982 | Warner
- "Stones" | The Ace of Cups | Girls With Guitars | Ace
- "Rialto" | A Certain Ratio | Sextet | Factory Benelux
- "Intifada" | The Rootsman | Intifada / Valley of the Kings | Partial | "Physical Evidence"
- "DNA" | The Children | Ghost Lights | Division 68
- "She Cracked" | Jonathan Richman | The Modern Lovers | Beserkley
- "Pourquoi Es Tu Devenue Si Raisonnable?" | The Wedding Present | George Best [reissue] | Edsel
- "Compliant" | Shellac | Dude Incredible | Touch & Go
- "The Eternal / Heart and Soul" | Joy Division | Preston 28 February 1980 | Drastic Plastic
- "She Cracked" | Siouxsie & The Banshees | Through The Looking Glass | Polydor
- "Intifada Dub" | The Rootsman | Intifada / Valley of the Kings | Partial | "Physical Evidence"
next time: a time slot in question. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
Share | Download(Loading)