This broadcast is full of mistakes, some staged and some spontaneous. It is true, what I say about the Internet reminding me that October 25 is the date on which John Peel died; also true is my implication that "planning" to play a John Peel session on this night was a happy accident. But it's all downhill from there. "30 years ago"--not 13? And no correction? Ugh. "4 A's AT Maida Vale?" How long have I owned this record? Additional miscues can be found on the tape. I won't go on about this.
Last time out I complained about the absence (or tardiness, if you're feeling generous) of autumn. Now, it's here with a vengeance--rain, flooding, winds, slippery decaying leaves stuck to everything. And cyclical death is in the air. Station management is sending messages of doom and panic at every opportunity. Who knows how dire things really are, or how long the endgame might take to unfold. Watch and see if things get more chestnutty around here--that will be a sign.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 October 25, 2100-2300:
- "Tropisme" | Police Des Moeurs | Dedales | Mannequin
- "New Ark Subatomic Energy" | Lee "Scratch" Perry + Subatomic Sound System | Super Ape Returns to Conquer | Echo Beach
- "Sore" | Ruby My Dear | Basic | Love Love
- "F-'oldin' Money" | The Fall | The Marshall Suite [reissue] | Let Them Eat Vinyl
- "Black Dwarf" | Marc Riley with The Creepers | 4 A's From Maida Vale | In Tape | "Physical Evidence"
- "Neusi" | Rodinia | Ex Anima | Now-Again
- "Moon's Milk (Waxing)" | Electric Sewer Age | Moon's Milk in Final Phase | Soleilmoon
- "Two Man Gang" | Les Big Byrd | Two Man Gang | PNK SLM
- "No More Parties" | MIS+RESS | S/T | Somewherecold
- "Temazcal" | Iñigo Vontier | Aluxes | Lumiere Noire
- "Bard of Woking" | Marc Riley with The Creepers | 4 A's From Maida Vale | In Tape | "Physical Evidence"
- "Dekdektiven Roker Om Natten [Figga]" | Motorpsycho | Begynnelser | Rune Grammofon
- "Day One" | Primitive Trust | Fallen Down | Aus
- "^" | Why the Eye? | Why the Eye? | Plynt
- "Ankh" | Clarian | Kompakt: Total 17 | Kompakt
- "Deep Shelter" | Xordox | Neospection | Editions Mego
- "Goin' Rate" | Marc Riley with The Creepers | 4 A's From Maida Vale | In Tape | "Physical Evidence"
- "In My Dreams" | ANOHNI | Paradise | Rough Trade
- "Vihrea Ovi" | Luxos | Now and Then | Optimo Music So Low
- "Spark Out" | Jutland Songs | Charm on the Chain / Spark Out | Gringo
- "The Law of Misunderstanding" | Dieter von Deurne and the Politics | Dieter von Deurne and the Politics | Morr
- "Cold Fish" | Marc Riley with The Creepers | 4 A's From Maida Vale | In Tape | "Physical Evidence"
- "Die Ballade vom Frosch" | Gaudi | Magnetic | Rarenoise
- "You No Fit Touch Am - Dub" | Dele Sosimi meets Prince Fatty / Nostalgia 77 | You No Fit Touch Am In Dub | Wah Wah 45s
- "Internal Exile" | Wire | Nocturnal Koreans | Pinkflag
- "Cool Cats" | Tony Allen | The Source | Blue Note
- "Give And Take" | Matthias Reiling | Nie Wieder Streit | Lehult
- "Plenitude" | Davis | Perle | Live at Robert Johnson
- "The Depth" | Grant | No Lights | Lobster Theremin
war against whom