We return to sloppiness and errancy with this fill-in broadcast. It is fitting, given the evening's material, and probably what I deserve. This Sunday night timeslot came open, and I seized it because it provided an opportunity for a birthday observance--David Tibet this time. (More on this momentarily.) The cold had returned, sort of, and I was featuring a record (cd, actually) that I'd been meaning to use as "Physical Evidence" for a while, so I should have been in my element. When I anticipate quality, though, it abandons me.
At some point in the program I mention the fact that the Foxtrot compilation was intended as a benefit, with the proceeds apparently funding Jhonn Balance's rehab. This always makes me sad--that he is gone, and that he suffered. I stopped drinking a couple of years ago because I was tired of being "past the point of discussion," as Peter Christopherson said of Balance on one particular night. I was tired of not feeling things--and now I'm in therapy trying to manage the feelings. I don't know, on "balance," how things are working out with me, but if online Harry Potter sorting quizzes are any indication, I have actually stopped being a Ravenclaw and have moved more firmly into Gryffindor / Hufflepuff territory. Like Dr. Johnny Fever, I am more quick-witted when on the hooch!
Related: on this night my mouth was doing weird things. At one point, when I wished David Tibet a happy birthday, I found myself sounding a bit like DJ Danelectro, which is...weird, and let's leave it at that. Also, when I mean to say "sexual assault," I instead blurt out, "sexual accounts." It is hilarious in a way, but I am clearly embarrassed by this. I go all quiet! I am an odd duck.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 March 5, 2100-2300:
- "Too Far" | Whalo | CD16 | Impermeable
- "Heartworms" | Coil | Foxtrot | Chalice | "Physical Evidence"
- "Thorn" | SeeTheEye | Forever and Again, A Tribute to My Bloody Valentine | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "A Quiet Time with Spaceman Sputz" | Pavo Pavo | Young Narrator In The Breakers | Bella Union
- "Blue Bird" | Manon Meurt | Manon Meurt | Label Obscura
- "Morning Birds" | Kristin Hersh | Crooked Beginnings EP | Yes Dear | "Listening Parlour"
- "Molasses" | Lazy Legs | Colors Compilations - Red "Shoegaze" | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Resplash" | Camberwell Now | The EP Collection | Modern Classics
- "African Spacecraft (2092AD - Lift-Off, Journey and Landing)" | The Lay Llamas | Lay Llamas | Backwards
- "Crazy For You" | Space Waves | Just for a Life, A Homage to Slowdive | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Den of Sables" | Dyr Faser | Trio | Bandcamp self-release
- "Bone Frequency" | Inflatable Sideshow | Foxtrot | Chalice | "Physical Evidence"
- "The River" | Alpha Steppa Meets High Public Sound | The River (feat. I-Sarana) | Steppas
- "Performance (B Remix)" | Whispering Sons | Performance (B Remix) | Weyrd Son
- "Spooky Loop" | Nurse With Wound | Foxtrot | Chalice | "Physical Evidence"
- "To Here Knows When" | Celestial | Forever and Again, A Tribute to My Bloody Valentine | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Bonus Beat [feat. Ayakamay]" | Das Komplex | Kachi Kachi EP | Codek
- "In My Head a Crystal Sphere Of Heavy Fluid" | Peter Christopherson | Foxtrot | Chalice | "Physical Evidence"
- "The Wasp Factory" | Ben Frost | The Wasp Factory | Bedroom Community
- "Girlfriend" | I Saw You Yesterday | CD16 | Impermeable
- "Rescue" | Sonder | Gods Will Be Gods - A Reverence To The Bunnymen | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Breathe Again - Bonus 2" | Eraldo Bernocchi & Prakash Sontakke | Invisible Strings | RareNoise
- "A Dream of The Inmost Light (for Christoph Heemann)" | Current 93 | Foxtrot | Chalice | "Physical Evidence"
what I love, I bite
Share | Download(Loading)