Can retirement be far off? I wonder about this in more than one context. On the attached sound file, I sound at times like I'm making Dad jokes, for which I am qualified, but the execution is nevertheless poor. Elsewhere, I wax extremely "pedantic" about men, noodles, and love. At least I know at the time that I am going off the rails. That's something, right?
To think I fancied writing a book a little over a year ago! God, would I need an editor, and I am not in a position to hire one. You're stuck with these diary entries. The universe is merciful to us all.
Anyway, this is the best-executed program we have had in a while, so that is also something. PLUS, I actually did my research during the program! Though I must concede that I am only about 80% sure that Robbie Shakespeare actually plays on the Revolutionaries album. And to think I used to consider Factory Records less than forthcoming with personnel credits on their records.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 September 27, 2100-2300:
- "Poultice" | Terminal Cheesecake | Dandelion Sauce of the Ancients | Box
- "Spangle" | 14 Iced Bears | 14 Iced Bears [reissue] | Optic Nerve
- "Untitled (B3)" | The Revolutionaries | Satta Dub | Well Charge | "Physical Evidence"
- "Crushed Velvet" | The Legendary Pink Dots | The Maria Dimension | Soleilmoon
- "Lady Street Racer" | Scott Gilmore | Subtle Vertigo | International Feel
- "Truth Theme" | SofaTalk | Youandmusic, Vol. 1 | YAM
- "In Search of New Realities" | Cindytalk | The Labyrinth of the Straight Line | Editions Mego
- "Untitled (B4)" | The Revolutionaries | Satta Dub | Well Charge | "Physical Evidence"
- "Girlsoul" | Salvation | Silhouettes & Statues - A Gothic Revolution 1978-1986 | Cherry Red
- "Vazio" | Farmacopeia | Come On Feel The NoiZe, BraZil Class '17 | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Untitled (A1)" | The Revolutionaries | Satta Dub | Well Charge | "Physical Evidence"
- "Get the Funk" | Orlando Julius & Ashiko | Love Peace & Happiness | Hot Casa
- "Untitled (A3)" | The Revolutionaries | Satta Dub | Well Charge | "Physical Evidence"
- "Sista station" | Bandhagens Musikforening | Protokoll A | Northern Electronics
- "Perfidia" | The Llamps | Mon tour / Perfidia | Cougouyou
- "Dubbing in the Ghetto" | King Tubby & The Aggrovators | Dubbing in the Backyard | Pressure Sounds
- "(The Vermont Hotel Lift)" | Fieldhead | We've All Been Swimming | Home Assembly
- "Hidden Passage" | Videodrones | Mondo Ferox | El Paraiso
- "back in the studio game" | The Mole | I love the spicy noodle, man | Maybe Tomorrow
- "Butterflies 4 Brains" | The Fall | The Fontana Years | UMC / Fontana
- "Nocturne 4 (Tim Hecker Remix)" | Ben Lukas Boysen | Golden Times I | Erased Tapes
- "Untitled (A4)" | The Revolutionaries | Satta Dub | Well Charge | "Physical Evidence"
- "My Valuable Hunting Knife" | Les Big Byrd | Two Man Gang | PNK SLM
- "A Numb Gas to the Future - DJ Tennis Pimiento Drive Version" | Rebolledo | Mondo Re-Alterado | Hippie Dance
- "Perserverencia" | Man Power | Compilation 05 | Correspondant
- "From Back Then" | Arce | Lapsus EP | M.I.S.T.
- "Amongst the Hemlock" | Oxossi & Malleus | Amongst the Hemlock EP | Innerverse
- "Untitled (B5)" | The Revolutionaries | Satta Dub | Well Charge | "Physical Evidence"
warm fuzzy feelings