Goofiness triumphs on this episode of the Bombastic program. Mrs. Miller makes her first appearance, and New Order present us with a classic "disposable" recording that serves as both "Physical Evidence" and an impromptu "Croix de Bombast." [How many of these latter trinkets have you collected?] I make a bunch of mistakes in the program, not fading songs out, playing the wrong track,* etc. In short, it is one of my shows.
[* EDIT: I am understating this massively, especially after the previous post's #humblebrag re. not "being able" to play songs a second time.]
In an announcement that will delight all of you who visit these pages, I have to say that I am pretty well fed up with words this week. The last eight days I have been immersed in the world of language and I can only report that I am more convinced than ever of its failures.
So have a playlist. And a dancing bear. Peace out.
BOMBAST playlist, 2013 April 20, 1500-1700:
- K-X-P: "Melody" [Melodic]
- Frikstailers: "Hazlo Tu Mismo" [ZZK]
- Wanda Jackson: "Funnel of Love" [Fryers]
- The Lions: "Let's Go Out Tonight" [Stones Throw]
- Debruit: "Ata (LV Remix)" [Civil Music]
- Fela and Africa 70: "Zombie" [Celluloid]
- (artist unknown): "Bamba" [Honest Jon's]
- Javelin: "Drummachines" [Luaka Bop]
- Mister Lies: "Dionysian" [Lefse]
- Dub Spencer & Trance Hill: "Dub Cup (Victor Rice remix)" [Echo Beach]
- Mrs. Miller: "Sweet Pea" [Capitol] / "Listening Parlour"
- S.C.U.M.: "5_8_6" [Mojo Magazine]
- Bullwackies All Stars: "No Equal Rights in Babylon (version)" [Deeper Knowledge]
- Daniel Dexter: "Birds" [Poker Flat]
- New Order: "Video 5_8_6" [Touch] / "Physical Evidence"
- Elvis Costello: "I Almost Had a Weakness" [Warner Bros.] / "Listening Parlour"
- Osborn: "Oyasumi" [Rush Hour]
- Born Losers: "Tokyo Drifter" [Mean Disposition]
- The Sign of Four: "Topsy Turvy" [Jazzman]
- Wayne Jarrett: "Come Let's Go" [Deeper Knowledge]
- Johnny Clark and the Four Playboys: "Jungle Stomp" [BBE]
- Jack Rabbit Slim: "Long Time Dead" [BBE]
Next time: our second race with iTunes is coming down to the wire. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis.