Shockingly I had stopped drinking, at least for this week, and had been working very hard at the gym with nothing to show for it. On this day I wrote down that I'd had a four-hour training at work just to be the backup to a backup on some issue or other. I had scribbled something less-than-profound, I'm sure, about the ongoing Democratic primary, but let's face it, I was done caring.
Anyway, "a conceptually and technically perfect show?" Is this really what my notes say? It isn't true, though this one gives me pleasure even now, confirming that it has not all been a waste. And I even got props from drummer John over the phone, who was playing with a cat while waiting for his friend to wake up and give him a toke. I had always hoped that this program would be a soundtrack for positive experiences, so achievement unlocked.
Since this program was broadcast, 425 days ago now, I've gone "on the air" 59 times. I have delivered 52 pre-recorded episodes on account of the pandemic. I wonder if it is a victory just to tread water at this point; it is certainly "funny" to hear myself say during the program that I am "only" thirteen programs behind on this site. I could just give up, but then that would only prove right the people in my life who say I don't take ownership of anything.
New York just legalized marijuana, so I am looking forward to more altered states of my own in the near future. I've been told by more than one person that I need this, so it must be true.
BOMBAST playlist, 2020 February 12, 2100-2300:
- "Music" | Henry Turner's Crystal Band | Music | Kalita
- "Pancake Lizard" | Aphex Twin | Peel Session 2 | WARP
- "Delphine (St. Malo Mix)" | Camomille Dawn | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Rough for Radio" | Seefeel | Peel Session | WARP
- "Mindblock" | Shiken Hanzo | Maya Warfare EP | Repertoire
- "Seven Souls" | Material | Seven Souls | Virgin
- "Shells" | Teebs | Anicca | Brainfeeder
- "Jackson" | Nancy & Lee | Nancy & Lee | Reprise | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Underwater" | Jabber | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Memory Loop" | Daniel Avery | Song For Alpha (B-sides & Remixes) | Phantasy Sound / Mute
- "Adelina" | Toada | Cambiante | pluma
- "Monochrome" | Dog in the Snow | Vanishing Lands | Bella Union
- "Ashikibaya - Sam Jones Construct" | Siti Muharam | Ashikibaya | On The Corner
- "Mind of Jacob" | Nu Era | EVOLVE | Omniverse
- "Disassociation Effect" | Peel Dream Magazine | Up and Up | Tough Love
- "Lana Hidjori" | Mamadou Kelly | Les Bateaux | Claremont
- "Ratopia" | Lakmus Red | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Boloko" | Bantou Mentale | Bantou Mentale | Glitterbeat
- "Wiggle Waggle" | Longwave Radio | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "All That Matters Is The Moments" | The Comet Is Coming | Afterlife | Impulse
- "Wintergatan" | Sampleman and the Music Mutant | Apotropaic | self-released
- "Rob's Nightmare" | LFO | Peel Session | WARP
- "White Burn" | Letters from Mouse | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Kita Kita" | Gasper Lawal | Nigeria 70: Box Set | Strut
- "Hybrid Nineteen" | Zainetica | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
- "Existential Blowfish" | Afuma | Songs From The Shore | Blank Forms
- "Altered States" | Fushara | The Mystics | Transmute
- "Blowing" | Girl in a gale | Shepherd Drift | Kahvi Collective
No now, no then