Reading today about the "culture of narcissism," I feel compelled to say "it me," as the kids do. Differentiating between myself and the external world is a challenge. Object permanence, which I thought I had mastered once, is a memory (though I guess the fact that I remember it should reassure me). Things exist insofar as they produce feelings in me. Remembering readings from graduate school, I might fancy myself "His Majesty the Baby," but most likely "l'hommelette" is more apt as a description.
Case in point: I've listened to this program twice, and have no idea whether it is great or terrible. Not that I am certain it is something in between: I heard it once and it was terrible, and I heard it another time and it was great. It may be an infinite number of other things--for me it all had to do with how I was feeling at the time I heard it. Give this a try yourself. Perhaps you should do it more than once.
BOMBAST playlist, 2017 May 3, 2100-2300:
- "SAUDADE" | Kangding Ray | HYPER OPAL MANTIS | Stroboscopic Artefacts
- "Space Talk" | Cass. | Youth Sessions | Emotional Response
- "Virile Poetry" | Glider | New Adventures of TBTCI | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Da Gone" | Mahatma X | A Mobtown Suite Vol. 1 | Home Assembly
- "64 Bits" | Baloji | 64 Bits & Malachite | Bella Union
- "Slag" | Nash the Slash | And You Thought You Were Normal | Artoffact
- "ChannelTwo(MurderousDub)" | Seekers International | Presents the RaggaPreservation Society EP | Diskotopia
- "Memorabilia" | Soft Cell | Non-Stop Ecstatic Dancing | Sire | "Listening Parlour"
- "African Communication" | Phil Pratt | Star Wars Dub | Burning Sounds
- "New Life" | Swindle | Purple Walls | Butterz
- "Llullaillaco" | Kairon; IRSE! | Ruination | Svart
- "Classic NU Shit" | No UFO's | NU LP For RS | Root Strata
- "Gender Balance" | Pool Art | New Adventures of TBTCI | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Descendants" | Esteban Adame | Descendants | EPM
- "Insects" | Thornucopia | Four Lips From One Mouth | Lather | "Physical Evidence"
- "Headzdropa" | Will Guthrie | People Pleaser | Black Truffle
- "Weird Time" | The Mighty Strangers | Four Lips From One Mouth | Lather | "Physical Evidence"
- "Fr3sh" | Kareem Lotfy | Mono No Aware | PAN
- "Locust" | JUPITER-C | 001 | Invada
- "Geheimes Wissen" | Le Petit Mort | Sammlung (Elektronische Kassettenmusik, Dusseldorf 1982-1989) | Bureau B
- "Mass Ignorance Culture" | Jack Ketch and the Crowmen | Brimfull of Hate | M'Lady's
- "At Last, At Last" | Xiu Xiu | FORGET | Polyvinyl
- "Bloom" | Jaws | Object Dom | Hundebiss
- "Firstling, Pt. 2" | Mary Ocher | The West Against the People | Klangbad
- "The Moon Is Not A Yellow Sow" | Buick | Four Lips From One Mouth | Lather | "Physical Evidence"
- "Construct Conduct" | Odeko | Digital Botanics / Construct Conduct | Gobstopper
- "Delta-V" | Shobaleader One | Elektrac | WARP
- "When I Fall" | Zombie Motorcade | Four Lips From One Mouth | Lather | "Physical Evidence"
- "Baby How Strong Are" | Egyptrixx | Pure, Beyond Reproach | Halocline Trance
- "Time Hole (Scene)" | Hand Habits | Wildly Idle (Humble Before The Void) | Woodsist
- "The Soniferous Garden - Radio Edit" | Auntie Flo | The Soniferous Garden | Sofrito Super Singles
- "Lysander" | Mark Barrott | Music for Presence | International Feel
- "Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose" | James Brown | Star Time | Polydor
- "Skinshaped - Outro" | Moodprint | The Gold Play | Tangram
I'm asking myself, i'm the only one here