Sometimes I really do have only a grab-bag of tunes that don't really fit together except in some fleeting and forgotten syntax in my head, or, if you prefer, an amateur Cubist puzzle. This was one of those times. I just had some stuff I felt like hearing and sharing.
I was correct, bee-tee-dubs, when I pointed out that Don't Let The Hope Close Down was the only record released on the Hope Springs label. I know how that goes--I, too, appeared once on a record that was the only thing its "parent company" ever issued. Similarly, "my" record was not successful. Dissimilarly, it was not a thing I wanted to hear on this night! I do listen to it, though, sometimes, when I'm alone. Like Hope, it failed to save anything, except maybe a decent folk tune, for posterity. We'll see.
BOMBAST playlist, 2015 October 14, 2100-2300:
- "Sample D." | Front 242 | Back Catalogue | Wax Trax!
- "Shadows in Hibernation" | We Never Learned To Live | Silently, I Threw Them Skyward | Holy Roar
- "Mona" | Thee Milkshakes | Don't Let the Hope Close Down | Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Scrambler - with Robert Lippok" | Barbara Morgenstern | Beide | Monika Enterprise
- "Beyond - Karmon Remix" | Benotmane | Stil Vor Talent Berlin - Teufelsberg | Stil Vor Talent
- "Дикие Пляжи" | Вальс | not on album | Soundcloud self-release
- "Let There Be More Darkness" | Robyn Hitchcock | Don't Let the Hope Close Down| Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "The End of It All 2015 Mix" | John Tejada | The End of It All 2015 Mix | Palette
- "From Me to You" | Mary Afi Usuah | Ekpenyong Abasi | Voodoo Funk
- "Nimrud" | Laurel Halo | In Situ | Honest Jon's
- "Hush" | Killdozer | For Ladies Only | Touch & Go
- "Through a Glass" | Tall Boys | Don't Let the Hope Close Down| Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Charles Windsor" | McCarthy | I Am a Wallet | Cherry Red
- "Don't Bring Me Round" | The Telescopes | Hidden Fields | Tapete
- "The Underestimated Man" | The Vibes | Don't Let the Hope Close Down | Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Ruiner" | OKADA | Impermanence | N5MD
- "Blood Dunza - unreleased dubplate mix" | Johnny Clarke, DJ | Bunny 'Striker' Lee & Friends: Next Cut! Dub Plates, Rare Sides & Unreleased Cuts | Pressure Sounds
- "What the New Breed Say" | The Sting-Rays | Don't Let the Hope Close Down| Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Strays" | Rat Columns | Fooling Around | Blackest Ever Black
- "Crazy When I Hear That Beat" | The Dead Beats | Don't Let the Hope Close Down| Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Wait for Me" | Roger Damawuzan & Les As Du Benin | Wait For Me | Hot Casa
- "Ballad of the Distrances (parts 1 & 2)" | Stars of the Lid | The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid | kranky
- "Hush" | The Prisoners | Don't Let the Hope Close Down| Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Nao Consegues" | Pega Monstro | Alfarroba | Upset the Rhythm
- "He Was Human and Belonged with Humans - Regis Version" | Dalhous | Manbait | Blackest Ever Black
- "Your Attention" | Pan-Pot | The Other | Second State Audio
- "Tears in My Beer" | Roddy Radiation & The Tearjerkers | Don't Let the Hope Close Down | Hope Springs | "Physical Evidence"
- "Saturna's Black Belt" | Natural Snow Buildings | Terror's Horns | Ba Da Bing!
- "Kritikal & X" | M.E.S.H. | Piteous Gate | PAN
i've heard it before, still i need more and more
Share | Download(Loading)