Let's review the "notes" from this episode:
"Lagged a bit going into [the Brian Jonestown Massacre] but a great first hour!"
"Very rockist in hour 2"--true
"Alborosie detour was much needed but didn't make sense"--sadly, also true
"Messed up segue out of Bilge Pump"--I was anxious, what can I say?
"Hugs for Chelsea is so fucking compressed"--this is the truest thing I wrote down about this program, but you know what, the judge just said that Chelsea Manning is going to be in prison for more than an additional year and will have to pay like half a million dollars in fines, so you know what, just buy the damn benefit and cope with it.
My listening and posting cycle is getting a bit faster; I've gotten so fed up with the disappearance of my free time that I'm even more determined to carve out moments and comment about these broadcasts and the deteriorating state of everything. What I'm saying is that I haven't listened to this, like, a dozen times like I have done with some other "recent" episodes, so my raw notes will have to do. I know that at around this time I was bitching online about some kind of disaster capitalism as it related to art and human tragedy. You know, as one does. I am guessing I will have more to say about this as I approach a state of "being caught up" on this website, but that state is not now.
BOMBAST playlist, 2019 May 15, 2100-2300:
- "Creatures" | Section 25 | Elektra | Klanggalerie
- "Mother Seletta" | Karl Hector & The Malcouns | Mother Seletta | Now-Again
- "Hurrican Felix" | Repeat | Repeats | Delsin
- "Different Angle" | Davis | Ordinary Sleep | Live at Robert Johnson
- "Deep River - The Payback Mix" | Little Axe | Deep River | On-U Sound
- "This Is Just a Modern Love Song" | TB | Night Heat | Permanent Vacation
- "Northern Lights" | transmission 13 | The Edge Of The World | self-released
- "Mea Culpa" | Brian Eno - David Byrne | My Life in the Bush of Ghosts | Sire
- "Glide Path" | Chicago Odense Ensemble | Chicago Odense Ensemble | El Paraiso
- "Boys Keep Swinging" | Gudrun Gut | Moment | Monika
- "Fix" | The Sisters of Mercy | The Reptile House E.P. | Merciful Release
- "Always Now" | Bromide | Magic Coins | Scratchy Records
- "Everything Is Falling Apart" | Teenage Fanclub | Everything Is Falling Apart | Merge
- "Remember Me This" | The Brian Jonestown Massacre | The Brian Jonestown Massacre | 'a' records
- "Void Heirlooms Beneath The Floorboards" | Nonconnah | Dead Roses, Digged up Zombies, Broken Pieces of Diamonds, Live Cats | Ernest Jenning Record Co.
- "Heartbeats" | Piroshka | Brickbat | Bella Union
- "Derdriu's Vision" | Mac-Talla Nan Creag | The Sorrow of Derdriu | Firecracker
- "Caffeine Blues" | Ulrich Schnauss / Jonas Munk | Passage | Azure Vista
- "Christopher" | The Claim | Boomy Tella | A Turntable Friend
- "Runes of Abandonment" | Ted Leo | Hugs for Chelsea: benefit for Chelsea Manning | not on label
- "Surveillance Dub" | Alborosie | Alborosie Meets Roots Radics: Dub For The Radicals | Greensleeves
- "Manzana de la Discordia" | Bilge Pump | We Love You | Gringo
- "Aileen" | Louise Distras | Hugs for Chelsea: benefit for Chelsea Manning | not on label
- "FLIES" | RAT BOY | INTERNATIONALLY UNKNOWN | Helicat / Epitaph
- "They Told Me Too" | Ty Segall & Freedom Band | Deforming Lobes | Drag City
- "Mi defensa personal" | Arista Fiera | Come On Feel The NoiZe, Vol. 4 - La Furia | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Amelia" | Cocteau Twins | Treasure [reissue] | 4AD
- "Strange" | Galaxie 500 | On Fire [reissue] | 20|20|20
- "Pretty Wraith (I Remember You)" | Brian | Fading Starlight | self-released
- "Bronze Age Babies" | Beaches | Second of Spring | Chapter Music
- "We Fought For America" | Hunter Complex | Open Sea | Death Waltz
- "Scrub Your Ego" | Suso Saiz | Nothing Is Objective | Music From Memory
Come find me down in Mexico