This is the first of about five programs I wound up doing in the span of eleven days. It is never a good idea to over-extend myself in this way, but ask anyone--I am not an Ideas Person. Anyway, on this transmission I sit in for Dusty Visions on a Sunday evening, and dive into an overlooked gem from the On-U Sound catalog, one that missed out on Spotification--Current Affairs Session by The London Underground. Has it really been two years since I gave the London Underground a spin on my program? Good grief, I am continually surprised at how long I have managed to ride this horse.
I somehow failed to play "Motivation," which was a staple of mine in the olden days. Maybe at the next "Festival of Evidence" I can redress this. It looks as though I managed for once not to play The Orb in this time slot; and of course they have a new record out, so I am burnishing my programming credentials at every turn. As it happens, Dusty had to miss the following Sunday night as well, but insisted on one of his own pre-recorded episodes instead of a live replacement. You need not ask whether I take this as a performance assessment. But I am not here to please people. I have a different mission altogether.
BOMBAST playlist, 2015 June 28, 2100-2300:
- "30 Seconds Over Tokyo" | Pere Ubu | Elitism for the People 1975-1978 | Fire
- "I Don't Want To" | The Mystics | Last of the Garage Punk Unknowns, Vol. 4 | Crypt
- "Copped It" | The Fall | The Wonderful and Frightening World of the Fall [reissue] | Beggars Banquet
- "Rotary Ten" | R.E.M. | 7in-83-88 | I.R.S.
- "Rise and Fall" | The London Underground | Current Affairs Session | On-U Sound | "Physical Evidence"
- "Sweetback" | The Fabulous Three | The Best of the Fabulous Three | Truth & Soul
- "You & I" | The Lucid Dream | The Lucid Dream | Holy Are You
- "(I Ain't Gonna Give Up) My Way Of Life" | Fugitive Five | Last of the Garage Punk Unknowns, Vol. 4 | Crypt
- "1-3" | The London Underground | Current Affairs Session | On-U Sound | "Physical Evidence"
- "Real" | Aerosol | Leave | n5MD
- "Peak" | James Welburn | Hold | Miasmah
- "Higher Electronic States" | Richard Fearless | Higher Electronic States | Drone
- "Bleach It" | The London Underground | Current Affairs Session | On-U Sound | "Physical Evidence"
- "Altai" | Walls | Urals | Ecstatic
- "Mass Confusion" | The Impalas | Last of the Garage Punk Unknowns, Vol. 3 | Crypt
- "Orb" | Lake People | Purposely Uncertain Field | Permanent Vacation
- "Hallraum" | Camera | Remember I Was Carbon Dioxide | Bureau B
- "Vital Connection" | Double Knots | Double Vision EP | International Feel
- "Dreams" | Sound Carnival | Last of the Garage Punk Unknowns, Vol. 4 | Crypt
- "Step Up Fi Come Up" | Seekers International | Her Imperial Majesty | Boomarm Nation
- "Kolor, Pt. 1 - C2 Remix" | Mirko Loko | Kolor | Cadenza
- "Between the Lines" | The London Underground | Current Affairs Session | On-U Sound | "Physical Evidence"
- "High and Mighty" | Blind Idiot God | Before Ever After | Indivisible
- "Rat Race" | Gary Clail & On-U Sound System | End of the Century Party | On-U Sound
next time: what can't be cured must be endured.