Every time I say I need to slow down on the fill-in programs, along comes another fill-in program. This happened on a Thursday night that was cold enough to keep our snow pack intact, and on which Joe of "Joe Show" fame was out of town. I'm not really expected to turn up my nose at prime time, am I?
Listening back to the previous program, it doesn't seem as aggressive as I let on. This one, however, is full of rock. "This black person likes his rock and roll," I was telling a friend earlier in the evening. And I do, damn it. A good chunk of Flow, in a previous life, served as the soundtrack for a brilliant play, written by a dear friend, on which Lady C and I worked. It perfectly captures fraternal love, memory, disconnection, vast, stupid deserts, and "slow cars and sudden death," as a Legend once said.
I am still prone to playing 15 minutes of drifting synths, as I do halfway through this program. But when else am I going to thank seemingly every benefactor the station has in a single voice-over? I am thankful. As I was telling said friend, this radio thing came along when I needed something to come along, and I still need it.
BOMBAST playlist, 2014 December 11, 1900-2100:
- "Midnight Caller" | The Sex Rays | Midnight Caller 7" | Pinata
- "American Eagle" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Waiting Room" | Fugazi | First Demo | Dischord
- "Say Goodbye To The Little Girl Tree" | Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds | The Firstborn Is Dead | Mute
- "Blue Boot Journal" | The Children | Ghost Lights | Division 68
- "Smoke" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Belladonna Theme" | Cut Hands | Festival Of The Dead | Blackest Ever Black
- "Knife Slits Water" | A Certain Ratio | Sextet | Factory Benelux
- "Little Blue Dance" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Nobody's City" | The Gun Club | Mother Juno | Bang!
- "Tiger's Skip" | Tony Allen | Film Of Life | Harmonia Mundi - Jazz Village
- "Mopping Up" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Westward Ho! Massive Letdown" | Half Man Half Biscuit | Urge For Offal | Probe Plus
- "Things Known / Things Unknown" | Function & Vatican Shadow | Games Have Rules | Hospital Productions
- "The Devil Bush" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Reciprocal Tensions and Polarized Components" | His Name Is Alive | Tecuciztecatl | Light In The Attic
- "Beholding The Throne Of Might" | Soft Pink Truth | Why Do The Heathen Rage? | Thrill Jockey
- "Do The Dub Version" | Lee "Scratch" Perry | Back On The Controls | Rolling Lion - Upsetter
- "Curb Your Ego" | Ulli Bomans | Riven | Shitkatapult
- "Aero" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Day to...(Out)" | You Still Have Friends | Close EP | Transition
- "Recovery" | Rival Consoles | Sonne | Erased Tapes
- "Signal" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "Velvet Valley | The Primitives | Spin-O-Rama | Elefant
- "Dust In The Light" | Gallon Drunk | Dust In The Light | Clouds Hill
- "Breach of Promise" | Pell Mell | Flow | SST | "Physical Evidence"
- "We Float Around (And Hang Out On Clouds)" | Egokind & Ozean | Transition | Traum
- "Theme From A Summer Place" | Los Straitjackets | Deke Dickerson Sings The Great Instrumental Hits | Yep Rock
next time: having a fine time living in the night. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
Share | Download(Loading)