Not much to say or much time in which to say it. We bid farewell to Saturdays for the time being with a good show to enjoy on an overcast mediocrity of a day. I thought "Physical Evidence" called out for something "rocking" this week, and The Stairs satisfy that need in glorious mono. Also, Janice Whaley performs what has to be the first Smiths cover I have ever enjoyed [side note: The Smiths join Cabaret Voltaire on the list of "bands whose music I can't believe I have not yet played"]. And, it really did happen the way I described--Thee Mighty Caesars made the sun break through the clouds.
I'm sure it is just coincidence, but I have been fantasizing about having played at least a serendipitous role in that Eric Random record seeing the light of day. I have no idea who or what is responsible for all the feed hits and episode hits that this website tells me I am getting, since I seldom hear from anyone and have a modest number of Facebook "likes." Maybe the Klanggalerie people are on board? Anyway, big things are in the works, as I have hinted previously, and it would be "awesome, awesome" [as I am apparently fond of saying] if serendipity or something more would grace the music I am about to air in a couple of weeks.
For now, we "roll on" with a regular show on Wednesday June 12 [it's Wednesdays on the reg now] at 9pm EDT. Hope you will spend it with me.
BOMBAST playlist, 2013 June 8, 1500-1700:
- Jack Hammer: "Twist in the Morning" [Popcorn]
- Boy + Kite: "Our July" [self-released]
- Safety Scissors: "Lemon Scented Moist Pillowette" [BPitch Control]
- The Stairs: "Mary Joanna" [Go! Discs] / "Physical Evidence"
- EM.MA: "Peridot" [Keysound]
- Rodney & The Blazers: "Warpaint" [TT Shaker]
- The Durutti Column: "Stupid Steppenwolf (Pt. 1)" [Factory Benelux]
- Moleskin: "Burst" [Keysound]
- Pascale Comelade: "Spinoza Was a Soul Garagist" [Because]
- Hooded Fang: "Sailor Bull" [Full Time Hobby]
- The Magnetic Fields: "Absolutely Cuckoo" [Merge] / "Listening Parlour"
- The Stairs: "Mad Song" [Go! Discs] / "Physical Evidence"
- Tony Allen & Abayomy Afrobeat Orquestra (Feat. Bnegao): "Afro Beatz - Remix by Robin LeDuc" [Comet]
- Thee Mighty Caesars: "Psycho" [Damaged Goods]
- Ferrein: "Hover" [Musik Gewinnt Freunde]
- King Tuff: "Ruthie Ruthie" [Burger]
- Francisco Allendes: "El Regreso de Los Abuelos" [Desolat]
- The Stairs: "I Can Only Give You Everything" [Go! Discs] / "Physical Evidence"
- Mount Kimble: "Fall Out" [Warp]
- A Certain Ratio: "Knife Slits Water (7" version)" [Factory Benelux]
- The Pastels: "Check My Heart" [Domino]
- double helix: "LDN VIP" [Keysound]
- Tijuana Panthers: "Tony's Song" [Innovative Leisure]
- Pixies: "Tony's Theme" [4AD / Elektra]
- The Stairs: "Squashed Tomato Stomp" [Go! Discs] / "Physical Evidence"
- Vic Chesnutt: "Fun / Party / Shoestring Store" [New West] / "Listening Parlour"
- Janice Whaley: "Shoplifters of the World Unite" [self-released]
- Eric Random and the Bedlamites: "Hardcore" [Doublevision]
- Afro 70: "Week End" [Soundway]
next time: I said I didn't want to jinx it. Enjoy the music! --kid catharsis
Share | Download(Loading)