Time was, I would be D.T.B. ("Down To Broadcast"--yes, I know, my life is sad) at any time. Midnight, 7am, mid-afternoon, you name it. Now it seems I'm only comfortable in my "regular" time, late but not too late, nearly full darkness, one foot dangling off the edge of the pier at Safe Harbor. So it feels increasingly adventurous do shake things up and do radio at even a slightly different time, as I did for this dinnertime program.
Also, I used not to care for whom or what I was substituting. Can indifference be tiring? What a shock to my system that would be. Anyway, in some cases I have come to respect given programs and feel the gravity of replacing a certain host, or at least understand that a certain audience expecting a certain thing doesn't necessarily want my thing, and therefore stay away.
"I'm not clever like Joe," I say at one point during this program. If I recall correctly I used to think I was, but the world has taught me otherwise. At least I know good after-dinner dance music when I hear it. So there is some of that here.
Still, I doubt I picked up any new listeners with this program. I can't really be more than what I am.
BOMBAST playlist, 2016 June 9, 1900-2100:
- "Moonbuilding 2073 AD (Wolfgang Voigt Antiretroambientpsycholkamix)" | The Orb | Moonbuilding 2073 AD Remixes / Sin in Space, Pt. 1 | Kompakt
- "Echolana" | Dorian Pimpernel & Forever Pavot | Moonshine, Vol. 1 | Born Bad
- "How To Never Wake Up" | Guido Mobius | Batagur Baska | Shitkatapult
- "Midlife Lazarus" | Little Annie | Trace | Tin Angel
- "Mask" | Bauhaus | Mask [reissue] | Beggars Banquet - Hostess
- "Money Changes Everything" | The Smiths | The World Won't Listen [reissue] | Sire
- "Cycle 6 - Nigel Wiesehan Remix" | Matt Dunkley | Cycles EP | Village Green
- "A1" | Prins Thomas | Principe Del Norte | Smalltown Supersound
- "B-1' - live at Unit, 18 April 2015" | Nisennenmondai | #N/A | On-U Sound
- "Guetta Life" | eMMplekz | Rook to TN34 | Mordant
- "Cooker" | Morgan | Gettin' to Business / Cooker | Funk 45
- "What Time Is Love? (LP Mix)" | The KLF | The White Room | Arista | "Physical Evidence"
- "Make It Rain" | The KLF | The White Room | Arista | "Physical Evidence"
- "3 A.M. Eternal (Live at the S.S.L.)" | The KLF | The White Room | Arista | "Physical Evidence"
- "Church of the KLF" | The KLF | The White Room | Arista | "Physical Evidence"
- "Last Train to Trancentral (Live From The Lost Continent)" | The KLF | The White Room | Arista | "Physical Evidence"
- "9 Movements" | The Julia Sound | Post-Creation | self-released
- "Future Imperfect" | Detroit Swindle | In Reverse EP | Heist
- "Pink Tones" | Laila | Laila | DEEWEE
- "Then Is Now" | Kevin Hewick | All Was Numbered | Hacienda
- "Good Touch (feat. Egle Sirvydyte) [Matthew Herbert Remix]" | Catz 'n Dogz | Basic Colour Theory Remixed | Pets
- "Danny" | The Durutti Column | LC [reissue] | Factory Benelux
no one driving