Professional obligations conflicted with the afternoon time slot, so Bombast did a switcheroo with "Blues Unlimited" (not "Blues Station") and went nocturnal once again. I have to say, it felt good. I think the afternoon experiment has been fun, but this is my natural habitat.
Also, the lovely Julia Holter tunes sound like nighttime transmissions from...elsewhere. It is indeed a small world, wherein my old station makes a recording, which is then issued by a German record label, and subsequently played by me on my new station. The whole thing gives me a warm feeling inside.
There was a work party Saturday night, complete with pizza, and little kids running all over the place. We had to produce about 600 fundraising letters on very short notice, and get the envelopes stuffed and stamped. It is always great to see the office buzzing with activity, and fun to be involved in collective projects. Good times!
If you're in the terrestrial-broadcast listening area, watch for us in the Ithaca Festival parade, Wednesday 5/29, and visit our table in the Cornell Daily Sun lot on Friday the 31st and Saturday the 1st. Meanwhile, it does indeed seem that BOMBAST will have two more Saturday afternoon hullabaloos, this week and next.
BOMBAST playlist, 2013 May 25, 2100-2300:
- Mikey Dread: "Saturday Night Style" [Mojo Magazine]
- The Fall: "Victrola Time" [Cherry Red]
- Classixx: "Hanging Gardens" [Innovative Leisure]
- Wild Nothing: "Ride" [Captured Tracks]
- Julia Holter: "Maria" [Human Ear] / "Physical Evidence"
- Âme: "Erkki" [Rush Hour]
- Akron/Family: "Whole World is Watching" [Dead Oceans]
- Witch: "Nasuka" [Now-Again]
- Stiv Bators: "Morrison Rant" [Bomp]
- Danny Scrilla: "Fallout - Goth Trad Remix" [Civil Music]
- The Collins Kids: "Shortnin' Bread Rock" [Sony Special Products] / "Listening Parlour"
- Roman Flugel: "Duck and Cover" [Rush Hour]
- Bibio: "The First Daffodils" [Warp]
- Marcus Worgull, Motor City Drum Ensemble: "Onassis" [Rush Hour]
- Julia Holter: "A Gold Thunder [Human Ear] / "Physical Evidence"
- Andy Cato: "Rear Window" [Apollo / R & S]
- Julia Holter: "2HB" [Human Ear] / "Physical Evidence"
- Pure X: "Rain at Dawn" [Acephale]
- Frikstailers: "Meloteamo" [ZZK]
- The Lions: "New Girl" [Stones Throw]
- COH: "Aniki" [Editions Mego]
- Julia Holter: "Je Vivroie Lament" [Human Ear] / "Physical Evidence"
- Beaches: "Weather" [Chapter Music]
- American Music Club: "Bad Liquor" [Demon] / "Listening Parlour"
- Brother JT: "T Rex Blues" [Thrill Jockey]
- Julia Holter: "In the Same Room" [Human Ear] / "Physical Evidence"
- Acoustic High-End Research: "Beer and Air" [Rush Hour]
next time: machine gun etiquette, misconstrued.