Halcyon here, the "good captain," as I like to think of myself, bringing you another audio transcript of a gentle Saturday morning from long ago. For civic infrastructure trivia buffs, this should have bookended street repairs near the radio station that had just begun when I embarked on my previous departure, but this was not the case. More evidence that I shouldn't concern myself with what is on the ground. People keep trying to tell me. Who knows if I will ever listen.
I am hereby giving myself credit for reigniting Kid Catharsis's interest in Laraaji by playing today's lengthy opening piece. Why shouldn't I? Structurally, things get more hectic after that point, the changes coming faster and faster. Is that reminiscent of something? Does that do anything for you, listener? Is it perhaps none of my business?
As always, this was a "pop-up" program, and I don't know if or when I will be allowed to do this again. Life is contingency.
CRUISING ALTITUDE playlist, 2019 May 4, 1000-1100:
- "Equinox" | Laraaji & Lyghte | Celestial Realms | Morning Trip
- "Side A" | Not Waving / Jim O'Rourke | Side A / Side B | Diagonal
- "Hal - Wolfgang Voigt Mix" | Soulsavers | Pop Ambient 2017 | Kompakt
- "New Dawn" | Seahawks | Eyes of the Moon | Cascine
- "Nordmeer" | Benoît Honoré Pioulard, Sean Curtis Patrick | Avocationals | Beacon Sound
- "Hawaii et Papaye" | Papillon | Cercueil flottant | Sucata Tapes
- "Discovery" | Dravier | Spirit Channels | Not Not Fun
- "Cerulean Skull" | DJ Rubio | Western Medicine | Man Band