We made it! But where? The end of the pre-holiday period, of course. Since I write this with the advantage of hindsight, I can share with you my current feeling that maybe the period between Thanksgiving and New Year's is the only part of my radio calendar that matters. But I don't know how to have that period without also grinding out content for the other 47 weeks of the year, so until I figure it out we'll have to make it through programs like this one. Together.
Since this program was broadcast, 83 days ago now, I've gone on the air 13 times. I just finished listening to a transmission from 49 days ago. I'm currently editing a sound file from 31 days ago--5 shows ago. I've come a long way since I began this chronicle of guilt.
Before I finish posting this I want to take a moment to congratulate Special Interest, as their song was number 12,000 in this ongoing radio adventure. Surely the honor means a lot to them, so it's important for them to know. When we reach episode 500 I'll have some other statistics that will also interest no one. Other things did happen on this broadcast. Despite some crazy song choices, it sounded great, and the segue between Flying Lotus and The Comet Is Coming was absolutely out of this world. Who cares if it was obvious?
BOMBAST playlist, 2019 November 20, 2100-2300:
- "Nasty Boy" | Törsh | Nasty Days | Zissou
- "Cricket Pit" | 4T Thieves and Pandacetamol | She danced on the sand | Kahvi Collective
- "Breathe" | Slowness | Berths | Schoolkids
- "Fall In" | Chikaya | Test of Time | False Idols
- "Black Precious Colour" | Felixson Ngasia & The Survivals | Nigeria 70: No Wahala: Highlife, Afro-Funk & Juju 1973-1987 | Strut
- "T 3.6" | Carter Tutti Void | Triumvirate | Conspiracy International
- "Ten Notes On a Summer's Day - Instrumental Mix" | Crass | Ten Notes On a Summer's Day | Caroline
- "Between Spaces" | Deep Nalström | Naive Melodies | Natural Selection
- "Mundiya Loju" | M.A. Jaiyesimi & His Crescent Bros Band | Nigeria 70: No Wahala: Highlife, Afro-Funk & Juju 1973-1987 | Strut
- "Hemmingway's Tell" | Kristin Hersh | Spark Meet Gasoline | self-released | "The Listening Parlour"
- "Engineered Uncertainty" | Moor Mother | Analog Fluids of Solid Black Holes | Don Giovanni
- "There's a Rainbow" | James Clarke Five | Parloursounds [reissue] | The Beautiful Music
- "World Leader Pretend" | Corrections | Welcome To The Occupation, A Reverence to R.E.M. | The Blog That Celebrates Itself
- "Love Break" | DJ Marky | Should I | Innerground
- "Fluid (Bound 2)" | Special Interest | Spiraling | Anxious
- "G-Star" | Jeff Mills | SIGHT SOUND AND SPACE | Axis
- "Come And Play In The Milky Night" | Stereolab | Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in The Milky Night (Expanded Edition) | Duophonic / WARP
- "Crystal Clear" | Goldie | Saturnz Return (2019 Remaster) | London
- "Lamuka" | Zazou / Bikaye / CY1 | Noir Et Blanc | Crammed Discs
- "Meteo Dreams" | elAstrum | Freqmod | Kahvi Collective
- "Lage - African Acid Is The Future Outerlude" | Edmony Krater | African Acid Is The Future: Ambiance II | The Vinyl Factory
- "119 Black Key Experiment (Continuation Interlude)" | Fred P | Lush Culture | Perpetual Sound
- "Resplandor" | John Beltran | Resol | Red Shield
- "MmmHmm" | Flying Lotus | Presents INFINITY Infinitum Maida Vale Session | WARP
- "The Softness of the Present" / "The Afterlife" | The Comet Is Coming | The Afterlife | Impulse
- "Heal You" | TENNIN | Test of Time | False Idols
Come and stay, bring the stars